Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. If the club has to balance the books somehow that’s their responsibility. As long as the team is more competitive that’s the main thing.
Maybe, maybe not. As supporters of the club I believe we have a responsibility to call out if we believe the club is being run badly. We obviously haven't spent as much as Moshiri in cash but emotionally most of us have spent at least an equal amount. I believe the club is being run very poorly, somebody quoted Carlo as saying PSG was a small club when he went there and changed their mentality, this more than anything is what I hope he does for us.

So, what have I missed...

Medical Tommorow : inside source
Lol definately a medical , could be Alan will confirm Tommorow
Allan Marques Loureiro - confirmed
Correct Allan Tommorow , not sure about Rodríguez
Will keep you guys in loop as soon as I know about rodriguez.

look forward to seeing Allan Tommorow
No medical confirmed Tommorow

Yet for james

:eek: :)

This is as mad as us getting Carlo in the first place.

We wanted a world class manager. We got Carlo.

We wanted a marquee signing. We got the 7th most followed sportsman in the world.

We wanted a new stadium. We’re getting a world class one in the docks.

Farhad has done alright after all eh?

;)

Fella he's been training with

:eek: ;)

Another HERE WE GO? At this hour?

Ay dios mio
I've got work reasons to be up, is everyone else this excited?

*tbf, I'm not busy- I'm in the on call room blasting Rodriguez skills and goals videos- or trying to understand the thousands of spanish-speaking youtube videos about his transfer that have popped up in the last day or so.

My point was social media reporting Doucoure is still a long way off compared to these deals in which I highlighted Brands style of negotiating doesnt seem to work in England compared to overseas as seen with Zaha and Zouma last season.

Not saying Allan and James are not boss deals - I just dont get why its not permitted to discuss more than one thing without being labelled a killjoy.

Believe me I'll be knocking one out like the rest of you when Rodriguez signs officially.

(Not that I necessarily need an excuse to knock one out). :blush:

We are not in a position to throw away cash are we though? I doubt Brands would waste it anyhow (usually) but this season we have had to be tight to make these signings. I still can't see how we are going to achieve a decent value out to help pay for this.

We moan why have we got a load of crap on massive amounts that we can't shift yet blame him when we try and ensure we don't end up in the same position in a few years time. We have been a byword for mugs since Moshiri turned up because we will (would have hopefully) pay whatever to get what we wanted. The fact we are negotiating now will make it easier in future as chairmen/CEOs won't just see £££s when Everton come calling.

Think he's in the last year of contract and £25mil is high but he's quality

Was reading that for Bayern he played as a no.8 which I never knew
If you look at it we’re getting him and Allan for the price we paid for Gylfi. Great business no matter what length he had left. I find it strange people are surprised at the fee, yes he’s in the last year of his contract but he’s still a huge player, £25m for someone of his quality is a steal if he’s fit.

People expected him to be either free or less than £10m just because Madrid didn’t want him, why would they do that when poor Championship level players are going for twice that these days. I mean look at our squad we’d probably still get £15m for Tosun or Gylfi despite them being far worse players and unwanted. He’s still very cheap no matter the circumstances. We’ll probably spend more buying Doucoure off of a Championship club it’s just the way things have gone now.

I read not that long ago he could be available for as little as £8mil. The deal is reported as being around £22mil, but I wouldn’t believe those figures for a soon to be out of contract player who is unwanted.

Arguments sake of £100k a week before tax, works out to £5.2mil a season. 3 year contract plus £8mil = £23.6mil “deal”.

As far as the fee alone goes, I reckon it will be far less

Think he's in the last year of contract and £25mil is high but he's quality

Was reading that for Bayern he played as a no.8 which I never knew
Yes which actually got him in trouble when they played some good teams in the CL as he doesn't quite have enough without the ball to break up play in games like that. My guess is he will be either off the wing drifting or a true #10 here.

I read not that long ago he could be available for as little as £8mil. The deal is reported as being around £22mil, but I wouldn’t believe those figures for a soon to be out of contract player who is unwanted.

Arguments sake of £100k a week before tax, works out to £5.2mil a season. 3 year contract plus £8mil = £23.6mil “deal”.

As far as the fee alone goes, I reckon it will be far less

Hes never been available for 8m.

Status
Not open for further replies.