Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ the salty comments under that tweet lol People need to look at the bigger picture. Despite the Fact a lot of the players we already have have underperformed, we DO have talent in our squad. When they see the likes of Allan and particularly Rodriguez walk through the door, then that surely galvanises those players and gets another 10% out of them. We have talented youngsters too, the likes of Gordon can only improve working and playing with the likes of these players. Holgate, DCL, Richarlison, Kean, Nkounkou, Branthwaite, Gordon, we have a core of young players already. What we badly needed was experience and players that are ready now, in the middle of the park. We’ve now got that.
We really miss having leaders like Cahill, Jags, Howard, Baines and dare I say it Phil neville on the pitch. None of them were the best technically but they set the standard in terms of workrate and professionalism. We don't have anyone in the team like that now, Holgate and Coleman are probably the closest to it. One is still a kid and the other went off to make sure the bloke who broke his teammates leg was ok. Rudderless on the pitch.

This is as mad as us getting Carlo in the first

We wanted a marquee signing. We got the 7th most followed sportsman in the world.
Farhad has done alright after all eh?

Hadn’t thought about the meaning of this too much... but he is the 4th highest liked footballer in the world on Facebook and across social media.

I truly don’t expect the media to play up this signing, just because it’s us, but in terms of marquee players he is one of the biggest 4 in the world. That should sink in for a minute!

literally only Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar more high profile.:Blink::Blink::Blink::Blink::Blink:

We really miss having leaders like Cahill, Jags, Howard, Baines and dare I say it Phil neville on the pitch. None of them were the best technically but they set the standard in terms of workrate and professionalism. We don't have anyone in the team like that now, Holgate and Coleman are probably the closest to it. One is still a kid and the other went off to make sure the bloke who broke his teammates leg was ok. Rudderless on the pitch.

Cahill wasnt the best technically!!! Dont forget superman wore tim cahill pyjamas

Never forget.

01116774-4927-4886-B6D0-C17A78914E88.jpeg

I know squad numbers matter less now but it really bothers me that Delph is 8 Siggy 10 and Walcott 11
They are premium numbers which make me feel good! Hopefully James gets a “central” number I still feel a bit old fashioned about numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.