Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think that Esk chap takes himself a tad too seriously. After three decades of Claus Thomsen, Tony Hibbert, and John Oster, I think I'll take my chances with "doing a Leeds" simply to have a brief moment of hope that perhaps, just perhaps, I can get to see real class footballers play for my club again. Then again, I'd sooner throw caution to the wind and sail too close to the sun that simply give up and aspire to finishing seventh for eternity. Seventh might as well be seventieth in the pyramid - the relevance is just the same. Say what you like about Leeds, but they did see a Champions League semi-final.

James is very likely to go AWOL as soon as he realises the sun doesn't shine in Liverpool. But he represents fun, glory, and...interest, something that really hasn't been associated with our club for over 33 years now.

slow night over on RAWK mate?

Only just saw its a 2 year deal with a club option for the 3rd.

Smart.

I didn't understand this - I'm guessing it's like a 'trial' for both of us - if we do improve in 2 years, he can stay on - maybe to the new stadium, and if we stay to 4th - 8th position, he can bail out.

I didn't understand this - I'm guessing it's like a 'trial' for both of us - if we do improve in 2 years, he can stay on - maybe to the new stadium, and if we stay to 4th - 8th position, he can bail out.

He cant bail, its a club option, we take him for a 3rd year or we say Thanks and goodbye after 2.

I assume we will see how it goes in 12months and then maybe offer him longer or keep it as it is.

Its a risk if he smashes it for 3 years like, but for me its a good move for somebody with his injury record, there is no doubting the talent.

He cant bail, its a club option, we take him for a 3rd year or we say Thanks and goodbye after 2.

I assume we will see how it goes in 12months and then maybe offer him longer or keep it as it is.

Its a risk if he smashes it for 3 years like, but for me its a good move for somebody with his injury record, there is no doubting the talent.

thanks. that's what 'club option' means, its not a negotiation we can activate the 3rd year. ok thanks

I think the club has the option rather than the player. If they want to keep him beyond the initial 2 years then they can exercise the option to extend the contract to a third year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back