2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just expecting more effort. He showed nothing today. That's not Everton.
I disagree. I mean what are you expecting him to do? He's not in the team to be a ball winner or to be the guy taking it off the defense and he does both things as best he can because no one else does. No he's not good at them but it shouldn't even be a thing he has to do.

He's playing as the RW, he can't get the ball because not one of the 7 players deeper than him can pass forward, so he goes deep to get it and gets frustrated because then there is no movement off of him to get forward and somehow he ends up being the problem?

We've been here before with Rom but we are bad because of the bad players not because of the good ones.

The parallel with Rom is a good one - he was someone else who was repeatedly played in a way that didn't get the most out of him (ie: as a lone forward to hold the ball up rather than one of a three), and it cost us badly.

I know this is a nonsense what-might-have-been but if we'd had a front three of Richy - DCL - Lookman (or Deulofeu, or even Kean) with James behind them we'd look vastly improved on what we are now.

I disagree. I mean what are you expecting him to do? He's not in the team to be a ball winner or to be the guy taking it off the defense and he does both things as best he can because no one else does. No he's not good at them but it shouldn't even be a thing he has to do.

Do the basics, keep the ball, track runners, get involved in play.

He did nothing then looked to be subbed. Not for me I'm afraid.

People get derided on here for making the same argument for Gylfi and Richarlison, and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back