2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this. We need him to be the 12th man. If he's fit he starts if not we still have a team that can win. In some games even when he's fit use him from the bench and if he starts manage his minutes so that he is available for more games.
This is what worries me about the James situation.. If we keep him, and he's only going to play about half a season, we still have to buy a top number 10. But what top number 10 is going to come in and sit on the bench playing second fiddle for half a season? it's not going to happen, not for a club like Everton. So that leaves us chopping and changing and playing round pegs in square holes, as usual.. even James isn't worth any more of that.
(Moot point tho, as I'm sure he's already sorted a removal firm to rescue his belongings before anybody notices)

Any news on his fitness for Man City game?
AA8B156B-C88F-4A55-813D-B54621722301.jpeg

This is what worries me about the James situation.. If we keep him, and he's only going to play about half a season, we still have to buy a top number 10. But what top number 10 is going to come in and sit on the bench playing second fiddle for half a season? it's not going to happen, not for a club like Everton. So that leaves us chopping and changing and playing round pegs in square holes, as usual.. even James isn't worth any more of that.
(Moot point tho, as I'm sure he's already sorted a removal firm to rescue his belongings before anybody notices)
He isn't being played as a ten though. We just need better competition in the forward positions. Plus Carlo needs to update his tactics.

Everyone saying they expect 20-25 games a season out of James and are content with that baffles me. If we get Europe you add a minimum of 6 extra games a season. We need to buy someone else, this guy is past it professionally. Colombia - Calves - Everton . In that order.
We knew when we signed JR we were never going to get forty games a season for him
On balance with 23 games, 6 goals and some crucial assists I think we have probably broken even.

Next season I feel we may get a better return as the club may be able to manage his fitness better after seeing how he performed this year.
But , certainly I do think that there may be a signing to allow Everton to cope better with the loss of J R when he is not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back