2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he manages to play every game in the Copa?
I won't be impressed. His little niggle has kept him out of our squad for some pretty important matches...and Carlo keeps blurting out about Sacrifice.. Be nice to see some next season James lad.
Quality player mind.

Allowing your best player to swerve games when he feels like it, even when he has started the game, is definitely a new approach to breaking into the top 4 that I can't remember too many other sides that have achieved it in the last 20 years taking, but I suppose there is the chance it might work.

Any team that just relies on one player doesn't get top 4.

We just need not to rely on him ,it’s clear we can’t do that ,if we get another creative midfielder in and a few wingers with pace we won’t be relying on him,and then i think you’ll see James produce some top notch moments for us when he’s in the side

Exactly this. We need him to be the 12th man. If he's fit he starts if not we still have a team that can win. In some games even when he's fit use him from the bench and if he starts manage his minutes so that he is available for more games.

Exactly this. We need him to be the 12th man. If he's fit he starts if not we still have a team that can win. In some games even when he's fit use him from the bench and if he starts manage his minutes so that he is available for more games.

Cheers bud,he can’t be front and centre of our creativity ,use him sparingly but effectively

He seems to regard his job as casual labour so placing him on a zero hours contract would seem to suit all parties in this situation.

Have we had a player who’s put country before the club before ?

Genuine question btw, not fishing.
I don't think it's as binary (black and white) as that.

As a player whose injury record and physical nature aren't the greatest, moving to the the English game in a congested season with poor weather isn't ideal.

He's an experienced professional so to some extent should be able to adapt, but it's not unrealistic for him to have become physically and mentally jaded.

I do believe that he has a niggle, so perhaps Carlo and the team believed a period of rest and recuperation would be beneficial for him and us next season.

We can't stop him playing for Colombia - something he clearly has passion for - so with two games left perhaps it was best for all to come to a compromise.

Let him get some physical and mental rest, which in turn will mean he'll be fitter for Colombia so less likely to receive an injury and will benefit us next season.

I think far too many people look at the situation in the here and now rather than considering the wider picture. It's not ideal, but it's not the wreck some suggest.

In my humble opinion, he will be here next season and even better.

If he manages to play every game in the Copa?
I won't be impressed. His little niggle has kept him out of our squad for some pretty important matches...and Carlo keeps blurting out about Sacrifice.. Be nice to see some next season James lad.
Quality player mind.
He’s missed plenty of games for Colombia through little niggles too though, most notably the knock out game in the World Cup against England which went to penalties.
The game was really close and who knows what would’ve happened if James had been available and guess what kept him out? A calf injury!
He doesn’t miss our games because he can’t be arsed, he has hugely infuriating long term calf problems. There’s no way he’d have chosen to sit out a World Cup knockout match!
I think if he manages to play every game in the copa he’ll be as surprised as anyone!

People think he's been faking his injuries? lol Saying the club should force him to sit out national team games lol
This thread genuinely winds me up. I’m as frustrated as anyone that he can’t play more than 25 games a season but James himself will be equally frustrated I’m sure.
Also I’d wager 99% of professional footballers care more about representing their country than their club, especially South American players playing in Europe that have no affinity with the team they signed for, but as I said in my last post, he’s missed huge Colombia games from the same repetitive calf injury!

He's classy but we can't afford him calling in sick all the time. Carlo must be fed up with him. "I wish Pirlo was ten years younger" will be his thoughts.

This thread genuinely winds me up. I’m as frustrated as anyone that he can’t play more than 25 games a season but James himself will be equally frustrated I’m sure.
Also I’d wager 99% of professional footballers care more about representing their country than their club, especially South American players playing in Europe that have no affinity with the team they signed for, but as I said in my last post, he’s missed huge Colombia games from the same repetitive calf injury!
I get that "blaming the players" is a thing but we probably shouldn't be so desperate to run the best ones out of the club. With his history of muscle injuries James was basically perma-crocked before he got here and he's still perma-crocked. The club knew his injury history and decided he was worth signing anyway, but instead of questioning the club's decision (I reckon it was worth it) we blame the player for not managing to stay fit???

I see the pendulum is swinging in the pro James direction again. Some of you people are nuts, fickle, trolls or all combined into one bedwetting catastrophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back