2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is never going to be a 30 game a season player is he, I was surprised to see that he actually played that many games for us.

We need better players around him and hope he continues to impress when he does play, certainly hope it isn't the end of his Everton career and I would love to to get the opportunity to see him play in an Everton jersey in the flesh.

He is never going to be a 30 game a season player is he, I was surprised to see that he actually played that many games for us.

We need better players around him and hope he continues to impress when he does play, certainly hope it isn't the end of his Everton career and I would love to to get the opportunity to see him play in an Everton jersey in the flesh.

Forum needed a whipping boy for 48 hours.

Super annoyed that James won't be playing the final game against City. If he can't be fit to play with Everton then he shouldn't be playing for Colombia either for Copa America. If fitness and his calf is the real issue then he needs to concentrate this summer on getting fully recovered instead of risking more injury
Coming from South America you will know the enormous deal it is to play for your country. It’s the ultimate for most of these players. No way will he sacrifice that nor should he.

Taking a rest after the season won’t do James much good as the problem he has is recurring. He will never be fully recovered. He has been breaking down regularly for the past five years. The number of injuries and time spent out has weakened him. It happened to Kaka also. What James has to do for the remainder of his career is to be selective in which games to play. He’s a world class talent but there’s a reason he came here for free. A fully fit James costs a fortune.

I don't care if he's on flexitime here...he's the best player we've had at the club talent wise since Rooney (young).

Can stay and do what he wants.

Allowing your best player to swerve games when he feels like it, even when he has started the game, is definitely a new approach to breaking into the top 4 that I can't remember too many other sides that have achieved it in the last 20 years taking, but I suppose there is the chance it might work.

But no manager in world football is going to insist their player cannot play in a major tournament. We'd all like it to be the case - I really would - but it's not going to happen.

OGS didn't rule Martial out of the Euros - Deschamps did. Even Klopp didn't with VVD until it was absolutely clear he wouldn't be returning this season.

With serious injuries it's different. But niggly ones, they're not going to do it.

And surely, while the frustration is with James, clearly the only person who can say what we're wanting him to say here is Carlo?
I agree no manager in world football is to prevent his players from participating with their national team but Ancelotti could have been a bit more sober with his statement. He could have said something like our expectations is that Colombia’s National federation make the best decision for the player and don’t risk playing him if his calf continues to bother him.

I wonder if the strife in Colombia has affected his headspace? I know he's very committed to his homeland. Fatigue can be mental too. As an American the upheaval here has affected me.
The upheaval there is going to last a long time mate. Non whites have been traumatised on that landmass for 400 years, from the treatment of the subhuman Native people (“savages”) onward. The upheaval is just beginning as the white dominated narrative is ending.

There’s a degree of similarity here (Northern Ireland), except the issue here is religion. I am definitely affected as is everyone that lives here, and it’s most noticeable when I travel to southern Ireland where people are far less confrontational. As a Catholic I didn’t knowingly speak to a Protestant for 18 years. We live(d) in ghettos. This place was created as “a Protestant state for a Protestant people”.

Allowing your best player to swerve games when he feels like it, even when he has started the game, is definitely a new approach to breaking into the top 4 that I can't remember too many other sides that have achieved it in the last 20 years taking, but I suppose there is the chance it might work.

Hasnt ancelotti already said he took him out because of fatigue?
Doesnt guardiola rest and rotate his best players so fatigue isnt a problem?
I dont see what the difference is.

I know this is off topic, but it’s in response to a comment about upheaval in the US. The 1960s civil rights movement instigated by black people there inspired the civil rights movement of catholics here (my parents were on the marches)

We’re still largely messed up here (highest rate of mental illness across the UK). The segregation of society largely remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back