2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate, I’d missed them before I posted.

- On his minutes: “As many/more than his time at X, Y and Z” is a good indication of where our expectations should have been perhaps, but the tallest dwarf is still a dwarf. Sketchy availability and that’s only likely to diminish as he gets older.

- Defo agree with your last point, which is what I was clumsily trying to address before: If we have a player that could be great for us (putting availability issues to the side for now), but to unlock his potential we need to bring in a load of other players specifically geared towards his style of play, do we go all out to recruit them? How confident are we he’ll still be around after next season? How confident are we he’ll be available for more than ~50% of games next season? How confident, therefore, are we that we wouldn’t just be repeating our recent trick of blowing a load of cash on players that are good on paper but end up being rubbish as a unit?

It is massively frustrating because we DID gel at the start of the season but for some reason it hasn’t happened at all since then. It’s an ultimately failed experiment IMO hence my POV that I’m not too bothered if he wants to do on to the MLS this summer.

I should say that has nothing to do with him going home to see his daughter - That’s 100% the right thing to do given he’s injured anyway.
Assuming he is back next season, the point regarding his availability is key. I understand that his contract gives an option for a further year extension.
My view is that if his injuries are such that he cannot improve on his availability for this season then sadly we need to release him at the end of the 2 years. Bringing in players to support his style of play now, without knowing how his fitness will shape up is a big risk.

We’ve done the gift horse mouth staring at thing again haven't we mate.

Half a billion spent on players and we look like Fulham...with apologies to Fulham.

The last time City battered Everton on the final day we had a huge turnaround in attitude and form - when Moyes got a grip and we punched above our weight thereafter.

Here's hoping we have a repeat of that.

Half a billion spent on players and we look like Fulham...with apologies to Fulham.

The last time City battered Everton on the final day we had a huge turnaround in attitude and form - when Moyes got a grip and we punched above our weight thereafter.

I fear a similar score incoming. My only hope is that Ancelotti has seen those sabotaging progress through application and lack of talent. If I was Moshiri I’d be seething at what he’s got back for his money so far, even if he’s to blame for his own folly too.

Last edited:

Apologise, head cases

That’s such a misleading tweet. James has seen his daughter several times during this past year and I’m very glad for him. However, there have been many Colombians families that have not been able to see love ones since Covid began but James isn’t one of those. He vacationed with all his family in July and got to see his daughter again in September. That’s not to say it is enough or that he is not entitled to travel to see her but it would have been more polite if he had waited for such reunion after his teammates had been done with the season, just saying.

CC9E5FA1-A557-4B72-9DB2-D66ABE9F988F.webp

6A0129E4-4E11-4749-B09E-0BACD5651C6B.webp

Good player but needing a rest for two games after hardly running Vs Sheffield is embarrassing. Can stay in Bogota or we can accept him back injured and he will just stream!

I fear a similar score incoming. My only hope is that Ancelotti has seen sabotaging progress through application and lack of talent. If I was Moshiri I’d be seething at what he’s got back for his money so far, even if he’s to blame for his own folly too.
I dont have a good feeling about the Brancelotti era we're in. It looks wasteful and I think we'll be treading water with them. Hope Ilm wrong, I loved the idea of Carlo, but for me he's let this fester and only lately called it out.

They need a big summer to restore faith.

That’s such a misleading tweet. James has seen his daughter several times during this past year and I’m very glad for him. However, there have been many Colombians families that have not been able to see love ones since Covid began but James isn’t one of those. He vacationed with all his family in July and got to see his daughter again in September. That’s not to say it is enough or that he is not entitled to travel to see her but it would have been more polite if he had waited for such reunion after his teammates had been done with the season, just saying.

View attachment 128103
View attachment 128104
The lad is injured and can’t feature in today’s match. “Worst” case, we win, somehow fluke our way into some European competition and he misses out on the lap of honour. Of the Etihad.

I honestly don’t get what the fuss is about. If spending time with family, in familiar surroundings is what it takes to energise our players then get it done. Hug yourself silly and then turn up next season ready to smash it.

View attachment 128103
View attachment 128104

This wouldn't be happening Sass if you were his agent and I lookd after his calf muscles.

The lad is injured and can’t feature in today’s match. “Worst” case, we win, somehow fluke our way into some European competition and he misses out on the lap of honour. Of the Etihad.

I honestly don’t get what the fuss is about. If spending time with family, in familiar surroundings is what it takes to energise our players then get it done. Hug yourself silly and then turn up next season ready to smash it.
The fuss is about him missing the Wolves match because he was tired.
If that hadn’t of happened, nobody would be questioning his commitment.
It really is that simple.
It was a cringeworthy and absolutely shocking bit of PR.

Fulham are a lot easier on the eye than us. Obviously nobody cares if you are winning games but this season has been proper boring to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back