2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crap thing is we're probably gonna get rid of the best player we've (never seen in the flesh) got, because Rafael is here.

As long as our fans don't change the narrative to make the club out as some kind of winner, then it is what it is.

James was great for us when fit. It's on the manager of the time and the people at the top of the club that that didn't prove more fruitful and that we were so reliant on an injury prone player. It'll be gutting if we don't get to see him with better players for him to be finding, rather than Iwobi, Coleman and Gomes.

The crap thing is we're probably gonna get rid of the best player we've (never seen in the flesh) got, because Rafael is here.

As long as our fans don't change the narrative to make the club out as some kind of winner, then it is what it is.

James was great for us when fit. It's on the manager of the time and the people at the top of the club that that didn't prove more fruitful and that we were so reliant on an injury prone player. It'll be gutting if we don't get to see him with better players for him to be finding, rather than Iwobi, Coleman and Gomes.

If he wants to leave then get a reasonable fee and let him go. I'm at the point where I think we need to become less attached to players and only keep those who want to be here.

We'll probably find out soon enough how he's feeling if he turns up on Monday morning fit for training.

If he wants to leave then get a reasonable fee and let him go. I'm at the point where I think we need to become less attached to players and only keep those who want to be here.

We'll probably find out soon enough how he's feeling if he turns up on Monday morning fit for training.

100%, it's just frustrating isn't it.

Aye, well all that basketball should help.

He was off soon as Ancelotti left mate, It's not like he's washed up he can still offer something to clubs but why would you do that that for 10th placed Everton.
At least we got to witness him in the blue shirt even if it was on TV.

Doesn't bother me - he will have his reasons for wanting out. I actually respect that more than the players who sit here seeing their contacts out when they know they're not wanted.

James might think the writing is on the wall with Benitez coming in, and if so, that's fine.

It's a shame and particularly galling that we didn't get to see him in the flesh, but we move on.

Who in their right mind thinks he's our best place? What exactly do you base this on? I literally created my account just because of this nonsense comment.

Off the top of my head I can think of at least 5 players who contributed more! Wasn't even our best midfielder! Even Richy who massively underperformed had more G/A.

Who in their right mind thinks he's our best place? What exactly do you base this on? I literally created my account just because of this nonsense comment.

Off the top of my head I can think of at least 5 players who contributed more! Wasn't even our best midfielder! Even Richy who massively underperformed had more G/A.
What's your view on sigurdsson? If you rate him, can you please show your workings with many charts and analysis.

Oh great! Another stat obsessed member.

Oh great! Another stat obsessed member.
Oh come on I just said Richy had more goals and assists, do you think James was our best player last season? Would you say he was better than Allan, or Doucouré/Siggy? DCL? Ben?

For someone with a free role the entire season you would expect a lot more from him, and before you bring up minutes played he still started 21 PL matches.

He was off soon as Ancelotti left mate, It's not like he's washed up he can still offer something to clubs but why would you do that that for 10th placed Everton.
At least we got to witness him in the blue shirt even if it was on TV.

Well not necessarily. It's all Mendes. Said it before, James won't care. Maybe that's not the best thing but he'd happily stay I imagine. But it seems like we've cut the skin off Mendes' nose a bit and it's funny how it's only after talk of his client getting ignored that he started offering James around.

James is a professional. He wasn't wanted at Madrid for a year but went and turned up every day and trained and played when called on. He came to Everton because Mendes and Kia Joorabchian set it up and Ancelotti added the final seal.

But this is the issue when you leave yourself reliant on certain agents, I suppose.

Oh come on I just said Richy had more goals and assists, do you think James was our best player last season? Would you say he was better than Allan, or Doucouré/Siggy? DCL? Ben?

For someone with a free role the entire season you would expect a lot more from him, and before you bring up minutes played he still started 21 PL matches.
Yes.

And no you wouldn't.

He played more minutes last season than he has in 4 of his last 8 seasons. Considering he was 29 and we knew he had injury issues, that wasn't bad.

Also, only 13 players created as many or more 'big chances' than James in the league last season - all of which played at least 10 more games.

We knew he couldn't stay fit. So the reliance on him was on poor coaching and poor recruitment elsewhere, not on James.

You can't change the narrative to suit your needs. Nobody in our squad has the capability to produce some of the moments he did last year. Yeah, he clearly didn't play well in every single game - no player does - but we won't be better off for him not being here.

Honestly dont get the love in for the fella mate.

Top quality but he's just as much a problem as the rest of the squad who havent the pace/power to tackle, press, counter attack.

Even if he stayed I would only want him as a super sub/rotation type option.

We struggle massively competing at the top half due to a lack of any grit/pace.

You could argue if he was surrounded by pace it would work which I kinda agree but his injury record means he's constantly in and out the team anyway.

His loss will only hurt us IF Brands messes up on his replacement like replacing Gana with Delph/Gbamin.

Bring in someone creative who also has a bit of energy we should be alright.

Honestly dont get the love in for the fella mate.

Top quality but he's just as much a problem as the rest of the squad who havent the pace/power to tackle, press, counter attack.

Even if he stayed I would only want him as a super sub/rotation type option.

We struggle massively competing at the top half due to a lack of any grit/pace.

You could argue if he was surrounded by pace it would work which I kinda agree but his injury record means he's constantly in and out the team anyway.

His loss will only hurt us IF Brands messes up on his replacement like replacing Gana with Delph/Gbamin.

Bring in someone creative who also has a bit of energy we should be alright.

He should always have been the cherry on top but for a club like us, having a player of such quality is what can bridge the gap - look at the moments of quality he gave us last season which no other player we have could do, and those players don't just grow on trees mate.

Look how Fernandes transformed United. How Salah's magic has transformed Liverpool, as good as Mane and the like have been.

Leicester get loads of praise but the fact is they have Vardy. Same with Spurs and Kane.

You have other ways of playing that aren't so reliant on one player. That should be the basics of any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.