2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crap thing is we're probably gonna get rid of the best player we've (never seen in the flesh) got, because Rafael is here.

As long as our fans don't change the narrative to make the club out as some kind of winner, then it is what it is.

James was great for us when fit. It's on the manager of the time and the people at the top of the club that that didn't prove more fruitful and that we were so reliant on an injury prone player. It'll be gutting if we don't get to see him with better players for him to be finding, rather than Iwobi, Coleman and Gomes.

Going because of Benitez ? Not a fan at all of Benitez mate, but as the whole world knows, Rodriguez only came here because of Ancelotti and if/when he leaves it's because Ancelotti has done one.

i don't blame James if he leaves. Was sold an idea which would have / should have been great, and otherwise can't expect him to have an emotional bond or affinity to Everton because of the pandemic. Just a few full houses, a few more bottles of wine chucked into his car lol it may have helped

For those of you who follow it, the Women's team seemed to have a similar case with Alisha Lehmann - a star celebrity footballer more famous than the women's team, and she's gone after not really doing much with us.

Going because of Benitez ? Not a fan at all of Benitez mate, but as the whole world knows, Rodriguez only came here because of Ancelotti and if/when he leaves it's because Ancelotti has done one.

I'm not meaning it in a way to slag Rafael off already - enough reason to do that for some.

No, the point is, ignoring Mendes' client (Nuno) is probably what was actually the final nail in the coffin for James. Now, I'm not saying ignoring Nuno is a bad thing, but it shows the tie-in to certain agents being dangerous.

if James really wanted to stay, he'd stay. He probably just doesn't care that much either way. I'm sure he's happy enough here, but if Mendes is getting a move sorted, he'll be happy to move as well. I think that could have been the same whether Carlo was here or not, btw. This is what Mendes does. I imagine James has, so far, had very little input. He'll just give the final nod either way.

He should always have been the cherry on top but for a club like us, having a player of such quality is what can bridge the gap - look at the moments of quality he gave us last season which no other player we have could do, and those players don't just grow on trees mate.

Look how Fernandes transformed United. How Salah's magic has transformed Liverpool, as good as Mane and the like have been.

Leicester get loads of praise but the fact is they have Vardy. Same with Spurs and Kane.

You have other ways of playing that aren't so reliant on one player. That should be the basics of any team.

The issue is though mate is the likes of Salah, Vardy, Kane, Fernandes etc have pace, energy and more often than not are rarely injured!

He'll only be a bad egg anyway if he keep him with Benitez in charge so FFP wise selling him when we got him on a free supposedly makes sense considering he'll be 31 this year.

I'm not meaning it in a way to slag Rafael off already - enough reason to do that for some.

No, the point is, ignoring Mendes' client (Nuno) is probably what was actually the final nail in the coffin for James. Now, I'm not saying ignoring Nuno is a bad thing, but it shows the tie-in to certain agents being dangerous.

if James really wanted to stay, he'd stay. He probably just doesn't care that much either way. I'm sure he's happy enough here, but if Mendes is getting a move sorted, he'll be happy to move as well. I think that could have been the same whether Carlo was here or not, btw. This is what Mendes does. I imagine James has, so far, had very little input. He'll just give the final nod either way.
I don't think he's at all happy being here, and you can come up with a multitude of reasons for that but I'd say the main one being the weather.
It doesn't surprise me at all that it only took 5 odd matches for him to be exposed, you're basing your assessment of him on a single purple patch because he didn't really deliver at all from that point on barring 2-3 goals out of nowhere, which didn't accurately assess his performances even in the slightest. He was in many ways bullied on the pitch & it showed.

What an absolute disaster he was. You should be ashamed of yourself if you think he was better than Siggy, Allan or Doucouré

James started 21 matches, Siggy started 24.
James received 2x more passes per match (42 vs 21)
7x less open play assists vs PL teams, 2x less than Iwobi last season or Rooney in 2017/18.

Lmao.

The issue is though mate is the likes of Salah, Vardy, Kane, Fernandes etc have pace, energy and more often than not are rarely injured!

He'll only be a bad egg anyway if he keep him with Benitez in charge so FFP wise selling him when we got him on a free supposedly makes sense considering he'll be 31 this year.
? :D

I get your point, but it's that caliber of player that makes the difference.

We can't expect any player to do it all on their own but if you build a squad with actual options, then having a player of James' quality can transform it, because there's really not many about and the ones that are about cost £50m+.

What an absolute disaster he was. You should be ashamed of yourself if you think he was better than Siggy, Allan or Doucouré

7x less open play assists vs PL teams, 2x less than Iwobi last season or Rooney in 2017/18.

Lmao.

Please, stop it. Your stats are also wrong.

Yes.

And no you wouldn't.

He played more minutes last season than he has in 4 of his last 8 seasons. Considering he was 29 and we knew he had injury issues, that wasn't bad.

Also, only 13 players created as many or more 'big chances' than James in the league last season - all of which played at least 10 more games.

We knew he couldn't stay fit. So the reliance on him was on poor coaching and poor recruitment elsewhere, not on James.

You can't change the narrative to suit your needs. Nobody in our squad has the capability to produce some of the moments he did last year. Yeah, he clearly didn't play well in every single game - no player does - but we won't be better off for him not being here.
Big chances is entirely subjective mate. You're coming up with excuse after excuse when LW/CM/CDM Siggy created more G/A having spent 15+ matches on the bench.
James is the biggest reason why we didn't finish in Europe after Carlo. This cannot be overstated. You are lost in the sauce & will learn from your mistakes when he's gone.

Lmao.

Oh hello. Another "new" statmonster incarnation upping Siggy who watches with his spreadsheet rather than his eyes.

Big chances is entirely subjective mate. You're coming up with excuse after excuse when LW/CM/CDM Siggy created more G/A having spent 15+ matches on the bench.
James is the biggest reason why we didn't finish in Europe after Carlo. This cannot be overstated. You are lost in the sauce & will learn from your mistakes when he's gone.
You're a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.