2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutting for James. I know we are bitter about him seemingly prioritizing Colombia over Everton in the last few games, but still must be brutal for him on a personal level. Assuming he's back with us next season, this will certainly benefit us. We cannot plan the team around him is one absolute takeaway, though. I say we bring in a top RW and a top CM, go back to the 433 for our base formation, and then bring James on for the last 30 minutes of matches, shifting the midfield to be more attacking when needed.

No one is blaming “the fanbase.” Just the tiny minority of noisy berks in the fanbase.

Tbf the club/Carlo were the ones who came out initially saying he was out of the Wolves game and flying back to Colombia due to being "tired".

Not the fans fault for questioning the situation not like they have access to James medical reports.

If the club weren't so poor with communication it would save a lot of angst in the fanbase on many issues imo.

You'd think they would take the risk on him, pretty sure they aren't overflowing with great players, v odd

This is saying he's fit and willing to play and may even be blaming Everton for rushing him back as well ahhaa ooerrrr
What a weird take.

Everton online..... Don't ever change you gang of absolute Chicken Lickens.

(for clarity, he doesn't even hint at that. He suggests he'd probably not be fully fit for the first WC Qualification game, but would be for the 2nd, and certainly fit for the Copa.

Feels let down by the Colombian FA for not including him after past sacrifices he has made.)

Gutted for the lad - hopefully though that means he can use the summer to get fit and ready for next season - realistically we need a quality rotation for him though, as he won’t be able to play more than 20-25 games a season

you expect a letter from a player with he misses a league game?
no, I was sarcastically pointing out the difference in attitude. Pulling out of our game for 'fatigue' and then wailing at the unfairness in not being able to play for Colombia.

A letter to excuse himself from playing? Basil Fawlty handing the American a letter that 'explains everything' when he can't knock together a Waldorf salad only Hamez's is about why he can'r stay fit!

It sounds like he has a chronic injury that is preventing him from training properly (presumably the calf issue he's had for years).

The rest will do him good, but it'll only flare up again in pre-season.

This is why he has to either play under a manager who trusts him to listen to his body, or go and see out his club career in a joke league.

This is saying he's fit and willing to play and may even be blaming Everton for rushing him back as well ahhaa ooerrrr

Don't think he's blaming Everton at all, he's saying he's sacrificed a lot to be fit for the national side, you could read that as, I could have played more games for my team and help them get into Europe instead of taking extra days rest after knocks

We could probably benefit from a player of James ability who feels he's got a point to prove next season

Status
Not open for further replies.