2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great player on his day but not impressed with him fuvking it off to colombia early when we were still in and around the mix for Europe
i blame Ancelotti for that,he should have been made to stay with the squad until after the city game.
poor man management with the fatigue comment and poor by by rodriguez by posting pictures posing on a private jet while his colleagues were supposedly fighting for europe.
i see the 6 months without seeing his daughter has turned into 12 now lol

Oh no it isnt the 80s where brutal.
The difference was we had players equally brutal like Reid , Rats ,Gray & Pat Van Den Huewe to supplement the quality of Sheedy & Steven.

Sell Iwobi get a better player.
The game is massively more athletic. The players are all athletes now.

The culture now is completely different. Many players don’t drink now, In the 80s, it was a massive part of the game.

Tactics have also advanced with fitness levels. I think it is harder to carry a player.

if hes as a big an asset as whats made out everton should have no trouble getting £20 mil for him if thats the road they want to go down.
there will be a queue of elite clubs waiting to pay for his services!
He’s an absolutely super player and will do really well in Italy I imagine. However, with his injury record it might be hard to get £20 mill for him.

He’s an absolutely super player and will do really well in Italy I imagine. However, with his injury record it might be hard to get £20 mill for him.
He is a fabulous player to watch when on form. Sweet sweet passing and tremendous vision.

Also dispossessed easily and often in dangerous areas.

I would love to keep him but we can’t build a team around him because of his injuries. In the end, if we get an offer, and can replace him with someone younger, we will take it.

It is probably the correct thing to do for the club. Sigh.

He's a simply beautiful player to watch. Has more talent than anyone I've seen play for us in an awfully long time. That said, I've never seen a player better fit the cliche of "his legs have gone". When he played on the right hand side last season I was excited every time he got the ball but equally I was terrified anytime teams attacked down that side as he was/is a liability without it. Players run away from with ease.

Never been more conflicted about a player tbh. What he offers us with the ball is more than anyone else we could ever realistically sign to replace him would give us, but equally I've rarely ever seen a player play for us who was less match fit and unable to play at the required intensity for more than about 45 mins or so. He actually reminded me a little bit of watching a legends game where all the skill is still there, but they can't run to save their lives.

It will be a massive shame if I never get to see him play for us live, but I understand why the club would take this decision if I'm honest.

Not sure what my opinion on this is without knowing all the facts.

If he’s fully committed to staying & looking in good physical condition, then I’d want to keep him. At his best he’s a match winner against any opposition.

If he’s unsettled & we could bring in a couple of young prospects in the Godfrey mould (quick, aggressive, on an upward trajectory), I’d say That would be sound business.

Not sure what my opinion on this is without knowing all the facts.

If he’s fully committed to staying & looking in good physical condition, then I’d want to keep him. At his best he’s a match winner against any opposition.

If he’s unsettled & we could bring in a couple of young prospects in the Godfrey mould (quick, aggressive, on an upward trajectory), I’d say That would be sound business.
Can only go on media reports so who knows, but it does seem that Benitez isn’t particularly keen on him. At this stage of his career he obviously wants to play every week after being put on ice at Madrid.

James Rodriguez is a quality player when on the pitch and all the talk of injuries etc could have been due to training/Ancelloti game time? Apparently supposedly going to Milan for 10 million but the worldwide global exposure his given Everton, I would rather keep him for the last year as we always seem to do ourselves over in transfer dealings anyway ;-( Frommerchandising and extra tv attention in South America, North America and even Europe, unless we are in serious money problems personally I d like to keep him -) He looks fit and happy and offers so much more than all our other midfielders

Status
Not open for further replies.