2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
writing is on the wall. Rafael want's grafters that defend as well as attack.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was asked to stick around for the America tour and then is free to discuss moves elsewhere.

I'm more worried about the lack of quality first team players coming in. I expected, once a new manager was announced that they'd buy a couple of quality additions and get them bedded down during pre-season with a new team.

Really disappointing from the club.

The only thing that makes next season even remotely worth bothering in. Anyone recommending that he should be sold has genuinely lost it.

Last season was Allardyce levels of tripe with the exception of when James was on it. Next season will absolutely be more of the same if we can't get James on the field enough, or cut our noses off and sell him before the season even starts.

Selling him does absolutely nothing for our financial situation. It's not the wages that are killing us because we have been operating close to the line on wages even when Moyes was here. We need transfer fees, big ones preferably and we aren't getting one of those for James Rodriguez.

There is money mate we just need profit on the book this summer to do it. James goes for £10 million thats £ 10 million profit. Signing Dumfries for £15 million on a 3 yr deal is -£5 million on the books this summer leaving us £5 million to say sign a replacement at £25 million on a five yr deal - there is your remaining -£5 million left.

Simplistic as not including wages etc but James being on a free means a sale is 100% profit. Iwobi's current book value is about £16-18 million and thats just to stand still hence why we aint selling him.
So who's the James replacement going to be? Jonjo Shelvey?

The only thing that makes next season even remotely worth bothering in. Anyone recommending that he should be sold has genuinely lost it.

Last season was Allardyce levels of tripe with the exception of when James was on it. Next season will absolutely be more of the same if we can't get James on the field enough, or cut our noses off and sell him before the season even starts.

Selling him does absolutely nothing for our financial situation. It's not the wages that are killing us because we have been operating close to the line on wages even when Moyes was here. We need transfer fees, big ones preferably and we aren't getting one of those for James Rodriguez.
No, we need players who run round in circles chasing their first touch.

Must admit the thought of watching James live was one of the few things to look forward to (that and a Godfrey crunching challenge in front of the st end). Seems we’ll be denied even that small pleasure.

Roll on 8-12th

To be honest, I personally wouldn't mind James being part of the team and not pulling his tripe out (or whatever the expression is) or being a box to box player, so long as he can last the full 90 minutes and produce enough moments of magic during our games to make a difference. I'm pretty sure the team wouldn't mind doing the 'heavy lifting' too much (I'm guessing) so long as James does the business and opens up defences etc. with his passing when the opportunities arise. The only issue I would have is that it's no good him playing 50 minutes for two games then being out for two or three games. I'd like to see him being more consistent and play a full season (I assume James would like that too) which is something I believe he hasn't done for about four seasons or so now. But either way, I think we all know that there are other players at the club that need to be pushed through the exit door well before James.

Upset at him leaving but his injuries are frustrating for the team. I expect us to replace him with quality. You can't have luxury players in our squad right now. We need competition for each position and James can't compete like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.