2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that no other top clubs have come in for him.

Im happy for him to stay, he’s still a very top class talent and I think he will be an important player for us if he does. Maybe he didn’t want to stay but he has to just pull his finger out now and get on with it like a professional.

It's his wages. And no European clubs can afford those wages and a fee.

I know you're not saying this, but our fanbase like to jump to conclusions and go 'well, he must be crap then'

He's an excellent player but we know he has fitness issues. There is also a flawed idea he can't play in a team which plays direct football. He very much can. However, 'direct' doesn't just mean long ball, and he wouldn't be suited to every game.

It's clearly best for all parties if a move surfaces (even though that'd be a shame, and only good for us if we get someone in).

But if he is here, then it is on the manager to get him back into the squad and it's on James to be motivated. We can't do something stupid like leave him out of the PL squad when he's our highest earner and from a technical standpoint probably the best player we've had at the club since the 80s.

I know you're not saying this, but our fanbase like to jump to conclusions and go 'well, he must be crap then'

He's an excellent player but we know he has fitness issues. There is also a flawed idea he can't play in a team which plays direct football. He very much can. However, 'direct' doesn't just mean long ball, and he wouldn't be suited to every game.

It's clearly best for all parties if a move surfaces (even though that'd be a shame, and only good for us if we get someone in).

But if he is here, then it is on the manager to get him back into the squad and it's on James to be motivated. We can't do something stupid like leave him out of the PL squad when he's our highest earner and from a technical standpoint probably the best player we've had at the club since the 80s.
Perfect summary.

If he stays some common ground has to be found. He can't just kick his heels until Jan or June.

I still think he'll leave, late move to Italy conformed in the early hours.

I’m asking generally mate, not club specific.

I dunno, I'd say insurance would cover things like this but at the same time, things like this could easily void the it.

There could also be a standard clause in their contracts about criminal stuff too.

TL;DR - dunno

It's very much a 2 way thing with James.

It's up to him to get himself as fit as he can, and be as commited as he can. If James does that, then the manager has a responsibility to get him involved.

I still sort of expect him to leave today because I don't see how it's in anyone's interest for him to not get much game time. He has realistically 1 shot left at a world cup and needs football

One of very few sensible posts I've read in this thread ;)

James wants to leave
Mendes wants to find him a new club
Everton want him gone

Less than a 1% chance he is still at Everton at the end of the day, it wouldnt benefit anyone.
Outside of our investigations on social media, James hasn't said he wants to leave and Benitez hasn't said he doesn't want him in the squad.

If they can't cooperate, it's both the player's and the manager's fault.

A professional player should be able to work under any manager and a professional manager should be able to motivate his players, deal with their egos and get the best out of them.

I'm still in #TeamJames

bravo

Outside of our investigations on social media, James hasn't said he wants to leave and Benitez hasn't said he doesn't want him in the squad.

If they can't cooperate, it's both the player's and the manager's fault.

A professional player should be able to work under any manager and a professional manager should be able to motivate his players, deal with their egos and get the best out of them.

I'm still in #TeamJames

I think it's safe to say James would probably rather leave than stay, but if he stays he won't be arsed - it'll be on him to be motivated to play and on Benitez to incorporate him into the squad. He isn't a 'rotten apple' or 'bad egg'. He's liked in the squad and is a brilliant player who would be extremely useful through a long season. People getting carried away because we've won three games, one of them struggling past a crap Huddersfield team.

However, the club do want him gone because we can't afford his wages.

If he is the hip cup to bringing Diaz

f it

just buy Diaz and keep James

we need depth

last season injuries did us in

lets Not get too excited about this season yet because we have a super thin squad

In a perfect world mate that'd be great but we simply do not have the money (or the P&S leeway with the wages)

Status
Not open for further replies.