2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he was about to be called for this month wc qualifier but his NT need clearance from Everton... since there is an issue that needs to settle between Everton and him.. i guess it issettled now.. it's ok for him to play the qualifier next round, months from now..
Some people in Colombia are already fuming about him not being called to the NT and are petitioning for him to be called again. I really don't think it was necessary to put this pressure on Rueda because he know James is very talented and the NT can use his contributions so he will be called again.

Let's hope Benitez is also willing to work with James and give him a chance to play on those matches that he can really make a great difference.

Link says

MLS transfer deadline​

The American market uses a slightly different structure. Major League Soccer's secondary window closed on Thursday, August 5, though players may still be loaned to the USL Championship and League One teams, and sold or loaned to clubs in foreign leagues.

I sincerely hope that in the next few days Benitez will sit him down for a positive clear the air discussion.

Hopefully Hamez still has fire in his belly. Don’t care if he doesn’t care about Everton, if the desire to play for Columbia or get his next move is enough to drive him to give us his best while he’s here, that’s good enough.

Hopefully Benitez has it in him to man manage and get the best out of him.

We certainly don’t want another Eto’o on our hands.
I sure hope they have such discussion, that's my concern the lack of communication Benitez has had with the Colombian players, that was something it was mentioned during one of James Twitch broadcasting when he was having a chat with Mina.

Benitez needs to be clear about his expectations for James and communicate those to him so they are in the same page and he can get the best of James.

I think that is correct.
In the space of a few weeks it seems to me that a lot of the anger against Benitez has drifted away and this is in part because of results but also because of the way he seems to be going about his job.

JR , as you say, will be the stick used by some to beat Benitez.
Assuming he stays, all it will take is a bad game or two coupled with a refusal to play James and the Goodison fury will turn on Benitez. I think we all know that that is the case. Even those that might be giving him the benefit of the doubt whilst the results look good will turn.

If Benitez is pig-headed it'll be his own fault. On the other hand, if he plays James and he plays to his potential many will say it's been great management. Alternatively, if he plays James and for some reason, he isn't up to it all will be saying he needs to be moved on.

What does @Sassy Colombian think of developments?
TBH @Bluerover During the open window I wanted him to leave because James situation has become as toxic between the fan base as the infighting about Benitez so I was really hoping James was sold to Porto and for Diaz to come in. But since James is staying and we really didn't sign anyone to replace his creativity and goal contributions then I think it would be madness if Benitez doesn't find a way to make use of his skills. I'm not saying build the team around him but look at the team where James can do great damage and use him on those matches. So hopefully for the good of the team, James and Benitez try to work out their differences and make the most of this second opportunity working together.

TBH @Bluerover During the open window I wanted him to leave because James situation has become as toxic between the fan base as the infighting about Benitez so I was really hoping James was sold to Porto and for Diaz to come in. But since James is staying and we really didn't sign anyone to replace his creativity and goal contributions then I think it would be madness if Benitez don't find a way to make use of his skills. I'm not saying build the team around him but look at the team where James can do great damage and use him on those matches. So hopefully for the good of the team, James and Benitez try to work out their differences and make the most of this second opportunity working together.

Very sensible as ever Sass!

Espero que los dos poden estar mas content juntos.

Link says

MLS transfer deadline​

The American market uses a slightly different structure. Major League Soccer's secondary window closed on Thursday, August 5, though players may still be loaned to the USL Championship and League One teams, and sold or loaned to clubs in foreign leagues.
Thank you

Very sensible as ever Sass!

Espero que los dos poden estar mas content juntos.
Si no más contentos que por lo menos se toleren y trabajen duro juntos por el bien de Everton.

After all, they are both are making millions out our Club so they both need to act like mature individuals. James must learn to be humble and stop saying silly things in social media and concentrate on getting the confidence of Benitez. And Benitez needs to leave behind his grouches against James and communicate his expectations to James and teach him the best way to be part of his current system. The reality is that James can contribute in some form to the team if they both can just put their issues behind.

Last edited:
He's done here as far as im concerned. His behaviour has been nothing short of a disgrace.

Hes openly admitted he doesnt care for the club. It angers me that we still have to pay him.

He should be lucky to get reserve team football until January. Imagine how Kendall would have dealt with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back