2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only excuse he has for not being back at FF is if he's been given permission to tie a deal up elsewhere.

Stop making exciuses for this player. he doesn't deserve any.

What are you on about?

He's been given a weekend off to do as he pleases, as all the players have.

He doesn't need to be at Finch Farm at all.

I don't need to make excuses for someone being given time off. It will have been the manager - your new God Benitez - who decided to do that.

All I said was I'd rather a player be sunning himself in Ibiza with his mates than going out for 12 hours on the ale.

We're not sure mate. He's not put anything on since Saturday. Allan was still in Disneyland yesterday I think though, going off his page.

The international players will be back tomorrow and/or Thursday. I imagine they'll all be back at FF for then.

That's 4-5 days of training before the Burnley game. They were probably given 5 days off from last Friday.

Same has happened with most clubs.

Luke Ayling was out doing a pub run in Leeds on Saturday and then mouthing off in the crowd at the Josh Warrington fight. I know I'd rather James be sunning himself in Ibiza or Allan with his family or Dom being down in London than them doing something like that!
Cheers. Yes fact we play Monday the above is about right. Seen Allan was away on Twitter

Why should he "definitely be involved" if he doesn't fit in?

That makes no sense.

Because any manager worth their salt looks at our squad and realises a player of James' quality can offer us something nobody else in the squad currently can. It's not hard.

He's also on a lot of money, so you don't just have those wages sat down not contributing at all.

Because any manager worth their salt looks at our squad and realises a player of James' quality can offer us something nobody else in the squad currently can. It's not hard.

He's also on a lot of money, so you don't just have those wages sat down not contributing at all.
He has a lot of quality but he's a very limited player in some key ways, and unfortunately where we are as a team means he isn't a good fit for us.

He's a skilful player with great passing, but he's slow, offers nothing defensively, isn't particularly disciplined positionally, and will be a passenger for big parts of the game. In a team like city, where you have world class players in other key positions (especially the defence), you can afford to carry a player like that -- Jack grealish would be a great example. But for Everton, starting a game with James in midfield makes us much more vulnerable defensively, and makes it harder to play a high speed game going forward. Even Carlo seemed to realise that last season to be honest.

He could definitely have a role off the bench, but I can't see how he could be a key part of our starting 11 this season

What are you on about?

He's been given a weekend off to do as he pleases, as all the players have.

He doesn't need to be at Finch Farm at all.

I don't need to make excuses for someone being given time off. It will have been the manager - your new God Benitez - who decided to do that.

All I said was I'd rather a player be sunning himself in Ibiza with his mates than going out for 12 hours on the ale.
Ohhhhh! So THAT's what this is all about.

Understood.

...and just for confirmation.

He has a lot of quality but he's a very limited player in some key ways, and unfortunately where we are as a team means he isn't a good fit for us.

He's a skilful player with great passing, but he's slow, offers nothing defensively, isn't particularly disciplined positionally, and will be a passenger for big parts of the game. In a team like city, where you have world class players in other key positions (especially the defence), you can afford to carry a player like that -- Jack grealish would be a great example. But for Everton, starting a game with James in midfield makes us much more vulnerable defensively, and makes it harder to play a high speed game going forward. Even Carlo seemed to realise that last season to be honest.

He could definitely have a role off the bench, but I can't see how he could be a key part of our starting 11 this season
Massive revisionism here fgs

He was regularly our best player when he played last season

Why wouldn't he be able to contribute something now there's some quicker players around him?

but the system is working well enough without him
We've played three league games and got legged about by a crap Huddersfield side in the one game where the onus was on us to actually control the ball

We played alright for about half-an-hour v a crap S'ton side. We played well v Leeds and mistakes cost us. We played very well v Brighton.

We have to have more than one way of playing. If not, you don't go anywhere.

Now, does James fit into a counter-attacking style? Probably not.

But can we play with 30% possession at home to Burnley or Norwich? Can we rely on Iwobi to produce the quality James can on the ball? Can we rely on our attacking options to keep fit?

The answer to the above is no. And we shouldn't expect it either. So having a player like James on board until January at least gives us that other option doesn't it.

We've played three league games and got legged about by a crap Huddersfield side in the one game where the onus was on us to actually control the ball

Come on now Toff we had a 2nd string side out against Huddersfield.

Doucoure, Allan, DCL, Richarlison, Godfrey & Digne in that side and we would have hammered them.

I agree we need options from the bench - if James stays until January or next summer when he's out of contract I have no problem with him coming off the bench I just dont think he/Gomes/Delph/Siggurdsson have any use to us starting games anymore they lack the vital ingredients to make the current system work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back