2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem for us is we have too many players that dont suit the new Everton hence why for me this is a season of transition until we can hopefully spend a bit of dough next summer.

James
Siggurdsson
Gomes
Delph
Coleman (tries his best but his legs have gone)
Holgate
Keane
Kenny

Thats not including Toshun who's just a bum.

If you replace even half of those players with faster, stronger ones who have an ounce of ability/quality then Everton are a top 7 side.

That's fine, I don't disagree fully, but we can't currently replace anyone

And unlike 4-5 of those players, James provides real quality on a consistent basis.

Would love to see him having Gray and Richarlison and Doucoure as options for him to be picking passes to in certain games. Do you not think that would help us?

He's got to want to fit in, undoubted talent but from everything I see and hear and also taking into account his record at other clubs, I just don't think he's that arsed.
Love him or loathe him, Benitez wants players who care and as fans we should want that as well.
Maybe he's not but we don't know until the dust settles and the squad is back in after the break do we?

All we know is he was involved in pre-season, then was in isolation, then he's been back in training for two weeks and now he and a few others have been given the weekend off and they'll be back in training some time this week.

Given we briefed on the day before the Brighton game that we were trying to move him out in the Diaz deal, he was never going to be risked and tbh, from his pov, why would he play in that game too, when a deal was being struck for him to go?

We'll have to see if anything develops with the Turkish side but it would be ridiculous for us to let him go without a replacement in, and we can't get one of those now can we.

To be fair, he's been told he's not wanted and to get out of the Club as quickly as possible from the minute Rafalel took over.
Benitez doesn't want him and will not play him.
That's got to play on your motivation somewhat.
I do agree but Benitez's call is based on what he knows about James. He's managed him and must know he's a bit of a prima donna. We can't just blame Everton and Beinitez on this one as if you look at his career, it's littered with missed opportunities.
If he was the top top player he believes he is, he wouldn't be playing for us and their would be a queue of clubs wanting him now.
Yup, and some of the reason will be the high wages he's on, but he's already shown he's willing to drop those to get away.
His Stats from last year were good, when he played.
Just can't believe Rafalafel is refusing to play him to prove his fitness, and to try to entice someone to come in for him.
It's just utter ego and arrogance and against what is best for Everton and Hammy Rodz.
Whilst some fans are rightly disappointed that he's likely to leave before they see him, I think most people on here are wrong about Benitez on this one.
We don't know James, Benitez does.
There is no way this decision is based on arrogance, it's based on how Benitez wants to take Everton forward.

Jeez. Another 30 pages today arguing over commitment levels.

I have asked mods before, I'll ask again.

Is there any add you you can activate (like with the rep) that allows us to ignore entire threads?

This one is like a car crash, I shouldn't look but I can't help it.

sorry

he's on holiday still catching all sorts

been with Wayne Lineker

Huddersfield had a second string side out too

So all that does is speak to the lack of quality in depth in the squad. And that's my point. We can't replace James for at least four months so having a player of his quality in the squad makes the squad better, doesn't it, and also gives us a different option in how we attack teams.

If we'd got the Diaz deal done, and replaced James with him, then fair enough. We'd have brought in a quick player with a lot of promise etc and still had another attacking option. But we didn't. So we absolutely should not even be considering losing a member of our squad (who happens to have a lot of quality too) without the capability to immediately replace them.
Without James we have 6 players to cover the front 4 positions assuming he plays 4231 formation. That's DCL, Richy, Iwobi, Gray, Townsend and Rondon. A couple of injuries and we're relying on Gordon and that leaves us with zero attacking cover on the bench. Our squad of attacking players is at least 2 short. We should have a minimum of 2 players per position before we start relying on the under 21s. One player injured and we're looking at starting Iwobi. But these people would still rather have that than James being at the club.

it really is utter madness what some fans in here are wishing for.

We've got a manager whose crowning achievement was leading Liverpool to the Champions League.

He's been training for the past two weeks and has been given time off, by the manager (which is fine) like the rest of the players who weren't on international duty.

The club (ergo, the manager) will have given him permission to go to Ibiza. He and the rest of the players, regardless of where they have been away, will be expected to be back in training whenever the manager specified. That might be today, might be tomorrow or even Friday, we don't know.
You mean we have a manager who won the champions League, 2 X Europa League, 2 X la Liga, fa cup, Italian cup. ...... Super cups etc

Seems to know his stuff. I'll trust him to do a good job.

Well said @HumbleWedbetters

It is not often that small disenfranchised groups find a voice but I feel that you are speaking for all of our bedwetters in saying this. I also appreciate the play on words in your username. It's subtle enough for fellow bedwetters to see you are one of them without being too obvious and I salute for this. ?
If he makes one appearance will you be there to watch it? Camera phone clicking.... Writing words to songs for him?

You could create a montage and have his picture with Samuel Eto, Ronald Koeman, Gazza, Ginola and good old Carlo.

We are a generous club to elite names who like to grab a few quid when their interest in the club isn't there.

Without James we have 6 players to cover the front 4 positions assuming he plays 4231 formation. That's DCL, Richy, Iwobi, Gray, Townsend and Rondon. A couple of injuries and we're relying on Gordon and that leaves us with zero attacking cover on the bench. Our squad of attacking players is at least 2 short. We should have a minimum of 2 players per position before we start relying on the under 21s. One player injured and we're looking at starting Iwobi. But these people would still rather have that than James being at the club.

it really is utter madness what some fans in here are wishing for.

Another one missing the point

Not one person on here disputes how good James is..... Not one person. He is undoubted quality.

Those who aren't bothered if he leaves have genuine concerns over his commitment to the club - not his ability. He has more talent than all the names you mention and in any normal circumstances would be first name on the team sheets.

The fact is there are credible doubts to how he fits our club at this time.

We have absolutely no capacity to carry anyone who isn't onboard fully. Other clubs do to a certain extent but we need 11 players working together on a shape that Rafael is implementing..... He doesn't think James will do that and neither do I. Once you have one player not getting in position or doing his work off the ball then the shape has gone.

Is there any add you you can activate (like with the rep) that allows us to ignore entire threads?

You`re looking at it the wrong way mate, this thread is the poster child for the all new Everton and it`s advocates.

MAKE EVERTON GREAT AGAIN.

If he makes one appearance will you be there to watch it? Camera phone clicking.... Writing words to songs for him?

You could create a montage and have his picture with Samuel Eto, Ronald Koeman, Gazza, Ginola and good old Carlo.

We are a generous club to elite names who like to grab a few quid when their interest in the club isn't there.
For me, I'm all about - Making Everton Great Again. Those of us that know understand that to do this we need Rondon, Iwobi, Townsend, and Gordon to be starting or maybe it could be argued as our attacking option from the bench. The most important thing is that we take this great club back to its traditional position at the top.

It's like in golf. A lot of people - I don't want this to sound trivial but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive. It's weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can't sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist

You mean we have a manager who won the champions League, 2 X Europa League, 2 X la Liga, fa cup, Italian cup. ...... Super cups etc

Seems to know his stuff. I'll trust him to do a good job.
I'm not against Benitez. I think he'll do a decent job.

That job will be helped by having a good player here while we can't replace him with anyone.

If we have the opportunity to replace him with quality (like we tried with Diaz) I'm okay with it.

I want the manager and the team to have every chance of success.

I'm not against Benitez. I think he'll do a decent job.

That job will be helped by having a good player here while we can't replace him with anyone.

If we have the opportunity to replace him with quality (like we tried with Diaz) I'm okay with it.

I want the manager and the team to have every chance of success.
I think we all want that but do you not think Benitez knows James better than us?
This is a decision he appears to be making based on what he knows.
If we're honest, we know nothing at all about James's character.
Wouldn't we be best trusting the judgement of someone who does?

Put the thread originator on ignore.
You are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back