2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfffttt James. Who is he to us scousers. Unbeatez has brang FA cups, UEFA word cup, champions league, charity shields to our city. Living here beards is scouse Ben. He's one of us. Like we are going to side with some pre Madonna expat we know a year who doesn't know who we play and bounces on a plane as we play a game to try and get Europe.
Sadly, mate, history is what it is his. It seems Benitez is putting the black sack on his own head and walking into the execution chamber once again.

By the same token, the club have wanted rid of James all summer. So why would he have been that arsed either?

Two-way streak. Point is both parties now should come together, get through until Jan and then reassess.

Whatever James is on, it's worth it for what he brings to us right now, and then we can look at moving him on at a time we can actually replace him.
What he brings to us right now? He must be going above and beyond, making the tea washing the cloths all sorts at finch farm. Cause contribute to our unbeaten season so far he has brang nought.

Last edited:
If we're honest, we know nothing at all about James's character.
Wouldn't we be best trusting the judgement of someone who does?
You're right, but the problem here is that if you turn that train of thought on Benitez, a familiar idea emerges. That is one of Benitez being aloof and a poor man manager.
https://talksport.com/football/9149...ez-liverpool-steven-gerrard-jermaine-pennant/

Sadly, mate, history is what it is his. It seems Benitez is putting the black sack on his own head and walking into the execution chamber once again.
Well he's been resting his ballsack on his detractors forhead. Lets see if your sack related prediction comes to fruition.

*bookmarked xxx

By the same token, the club have wanted rid of James all summer. So why would he have been that arsed either?

Two-way streak. Point is both parties now should come together, get through until Jan and then reassess.

Whatever James is on, it's worth it for what he brings to us right now, and then we can look at moving him on at a time we can actually replace him.

In fairness though mate if James said to the club "I want to stay and I'll take a wage cut at this stage of my career to make that happen" he could do.

Not saying he should have to but lets be honest him buggering off early last season, missing games due to "tiredness", the twitch shenanigans and his track record in general not just with Benitez doesn't scream that he's desperate to force his way into the clubs plans.

He's like the good looking blonde you're desperate to think is into you because she once gave you a peck at a party.

He isn't arsed pal.

I'm unsure what opportunity he has had to bring something to this season.
I don't know what he's been doing at the few training sessions he has been available for. I suspect most outside of the club don't.

I would also say, if James doesn't feature for the club between now and whenever he leaves, I very much doubt that is due to Benitez 'holding a grudge'. Benitez will pick the team that he believes will have the best chance of beating the opposition, simple as that. His job depends on it. a job that he wanted, one that keeps him close to his family while earning a packet. If that included James, he'll play, if it doesn't, he wont. Nobody gets to the position these professionals are in by holding grudges.

In my humble opinion, James brings something that we don't currently have, the ability to draw players in and release the ball from tight spaces. That would inevitably work in the favour of some of our faster players, creating space for them, and delivering the ball where its needed. That works against high press teams. However, high press teams also use high energy movement with the ball, something that with watching James last season, he isn't particularly suited to. (Is a very different game when watching live though, so would like the opportunity to be corrected)

Another one missing the point

Not one person on here disputes how good James is..... Not one person. He is undoubted quality.

Those who aren't bothered if he leaves have genuine concerns over his commitment to the club - not his ability. He has more talent than all the names you mention and in any normal circumstances would be first name on the team sheets.

The fact is there are credible doubts to how he fits our club at this time.

We have absolutely no capacity to carry anyone who isn't onboard fully. Other clubs do to a certain extent but we need 11 players working together on a shape that Rafael is implementing..... He doesn't think James will do that and neither do I. Once you have one player not getting in position or doing his work off the ball then the shape has gone.
The only way to find out how much value Rodriguez is to the team is to play him for a few games and see.

If we move him on without giving him a chance to show us I might have to use an expression that I hate and never have before.
Everton that.

You don't know what his commitment to the club is. Let's find out. What have we got to lose?

You dont know me or anything about me. I wouldnt. You cant generalise you know.

Fair enough mate you have more morals than 99% of the world.

You still can't use that as a stick to beat Benitez with at the stage of his career when he chose to go.

Leaving Liverpool to go China in the prime of his career fair enough but he had just left Newcastle and was entering his 60's.

No problem with that same way I have no problem with players like Pirlo and Rooney etc going to the MLS in their early/mid 30's.

In fairness though mate if James said to the club "I want to stay and I'll take a wage cut at this stage of my career to make that happen" he could do.

Not saying he should have to but lets be honest him buggering off early last season, missing games due to "tiredness", the twitch shenanigans and his track record in general not just with Benitez doesn't scream that he's desperate to force his way into the clubs plans.

He's like the good looking blonde you're desperate to think is into you because she once gave you a peck at a party.

He isn't arsed pal.
well he's only here for a year so why would he take a wage cut?

I fully agree, he's not arsed either way, which is what I've said all summer.

But he's here now so that doesn't mean he won't want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back