2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if he's here past the lingering deadlines then he definitely should be involved shouldn't he, because he's very, very good.

Also, Eto'o was 34 when he signed for us. James is only just 30 and was one of our best performers last season. He shouldn't have been the answer to every issue though and for Ancelotti he was, that was a problem, because he can't keep the injuries off.
I'd love him to stay and contribute I really would...
But he has to fit the team...
Far too often we struggled with him in the team because we weren't set up to compensate for his downsides

Who worked under Benitez for 3 years. You know, someone who knows him
Benitez has often been considered a bit cold by his players. This is not big news. He is extremely professional, which in some situations can be negative when working with people. That said, most players who have played for him will say that he was extremely detail-oriented and had an enormous amount of knowledge. Just google it.

Many players do not like this either. They want to play under far more freedom, and do not care much about in-depth tactics. Therefore, they dislike this type of managers. Guerdiola is a bit of the same type of manager, and he too has had players who have disliked him enormously. Ribery, for example, was not very happy with Guerdiola - which was about a conflict between system and individual. I think a lot of the same applies to the relationship between RB and JR. Therefore, he has also fitted in well with Ancelotti, who has about the same approach as Harry Redknapp. Be friends with the big guys, and just let them play.

And for those who think Guerdiola will not try to shape Grealish in MC, and give him quite clear instructions on what to do, do not know the philosophy of Guerdiola. Had JR had Guerdiola as manager, it would not have been a good match.

256 pages and James is living his best life; rent free in your heads whilst sunning himself on the beach.

Hopefully he learns how to harpoon a whale, it’ll come I handy when’s at USM FF
It underlines how far we've sunk when a washed up player like him commands this level of interest.

The only interest in him from me is that The Defeated (as I now call the bed-sheet warriors) are seeing him as a flag of convenience under which they're staging a guerilla attack on the manager.

In fairness though mate if James said to the club "I want to stay and I'll take a wage cut at this stage of my career to make that happen" he could do.

Not saying he should have to but lets be honest him buggering off early last season, missing games due to "tiredness", the twitch shenanigans and his track record in general not just with Benitez doesn't scream that he's desperate to force his way into the clubs plans.

He's like the good looking blonde you're desperate to think is into you because she once gave you a peck at a party.

He isn't arsed pal.

Why should he take a pay cut?? It's the club that offered it him.

Ridiculous statement.

Arrogant manager alienating one of the most talented players we've had and morons lap up every excuse made for him.

Ridiculous statement.

Arrogant manager alienating one of the most talented players we've had and morons lap up every excuse made for him.
Agree, he is talented, but Benitez has to have a reason for leaving him out, it certainly isn’t to do with that he just doesn’t like him.

I'd love him to stay and contribute I really would...
But he has to fit the team...
Far too often we struggled with him in the team because we weren't set up to compensate for his downsides
But this isn't true

We didn't lose v Sheff Utd at home because James was playing mate. We lost because Keane completely switched off, for example.

Now, was Doucoure often having to stay deep to cover for James? Maybe, but that was on the manager at the time was it not?

We now have a different manager and given Townsend or Iwobi would be playing wide, would they not be the ones covering if needed, allowing Doucoure still to bomb on, for example?

It's far too easy and lazy to say that we lost because of James when it's really not the case in any game.

Agree, he is talented, but Benitez has to have a reason for leaving him out, it certainly isn’t to do with that he just doesn’t like him.

He hasn't actually left him out yet for a game he's definitely been available for though, tbf.

Brighton - I think it's clear Everton were never going to risk him getting injured and scuppering the deal they were working on with Porto. He was in isolation for the other matches.
The litmus test is Burnley, isn't it, if he's here by then.

It underlines how far we've sunk when a washed up player like him commands this level of interest.

The only interest in him from me is that The Defeated (as I now call the bed-sheet warriors) are seeing him as a flag of convenience under which they're staging a guerilla attack on the manager.
I think it is being used to attack Benitez by some no doubt. But, there are some who are just genuinely are wanting James to play in the team as he is a very talented player.

He hasn't actually left him out yet for a game he's definitely been available for though, tbf.

Brighton - I think it's clear Everton were never going to risk him getting injured and scuppering the deal they were working on with Porto. He was in isolation for the other matches.
The litmus test is Burnley, isn't it, if he's here by then.
Very true, and I guess if he is there then everybody needs to shut up. ?

Ridiculous statement.

I agree he shouldn't have to but at this stage no club better than Everton wants him nor one willing to pay what we are paying him therefore if he stays he'll either have to buck his ideas up to convince the manager he wants to work hard or he has 12 months barely playing.

If he was to get his head down on the training ground and take a wage cut it would go a long way to showing he is comitted to the club and if he still doesn't get a sniff off the bench then by all means fans can call Benitez an arl arse.

Because people call Benitez a money grabber because he went to China towards the tail end of his career.

Its no different to players going to the MLS at the latter stage of their careers for a final pay day.

If anything its made Benitez realise he still has something to give in the big leagues and has put the fire in his belly to make a go of it here.
Er... yes I know why youre trying to rationalise and second guess why the fella went to China. I'm still at a loss to know why you specifically posted it to me when to reiterate, I never mentioned it and moreover I dont give a stuff whether he went there to be a manager .....or to perfect his dim-sum technique. OK ?

Ridiculous statement.

This isn't a first though. he's been frozen out at a few clubs, here's one example - there are more unfortunately if you choose to look. This isn't an Everton or Benitez issue, it's a great player not that bothered throughout his career

James Rodriguez frozen out of Real Madrid midfield

The Colombian international is falling further down Zidane's picking order and

As the 2016/17 campaign unfolds Colombian midfielder James Rodriguez is slowly becoming the forgotten man at Zinedine Zidane's Real Madrid.

Frozen out

The player has been singled out for not being sufficiently committed during training sessions and has just made four starts for the club this season. Despite the absentees through injury in the Madrid midfield the Colombian didn't even secure playing time during Saturday's Madrid derby at the Vicente Calderon.

I think it is being used to attack Benitez by some no doubt. But, there are some who are just genuinely are wanting James to play in the team as he is a very talented player.
But I think deep down they know he cant and wont fit into the way this manager wants to play.

It's a situation that can only be resolbved by a move for James.

We cant afford a player like him casting a shadow over our season. I think we need to get to 40 odd points ASAP and hope that next summer's transfer is much more well thought out than this one just closed. We cant be mithering with some player who may or may not decide to play form one week to the next.

This isn't a first though. he's been frozen out at a few clubs, here's one example - there are more unfortunately if you choose to look. This isn't an Everton or Benitez issue, it's a great player not that bothered throughout his career

James Rodriguez frozen out of Real Madrid midfield

The Colombian international is falling further down Zidane's picking order and

As the 2016/17 campaign unfolds Colombian midfielder James Rodriguez is slowly becoming the forgotten man at Zinedine Zidane's Real Madrid.

Frozen out

The player has been singled out for not being sufficiently committed during training sessions and has just made four starts for the club this season. Despite the absentees through injury in the Madrid midfield the Colombian didn't even secure playing time during Saturday's Madrid derby at the Vicente Calderon.

Zidane also froze out Bale, Isco, and a fair few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back