2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
well he's only here for a year so why would he take a wage cut?

I fully agree, he's not arsed either way, which is what I've said all summer.

But he's here now so that doesn't mean he won't want to play.

But we aint the manager mate! If James or anyone else isn't arsed whilst on the pitch its the manager who ultimately loses his job if results go bad not the players.

I hope he is used off the bench but if the manager doesn't trust him its his job security he ultimately has to think about not James or his fans.

But we aint the manager mate! If James or anyone else isn't arsed whilst on the pitch its the manager who ultimately loses his job if results go bad not the players.

I hope he is used off the bench but if the manager doesn't trust him its his job security he ultimately has to think about not James or his fans.

We haven't seen him in a competitve game so we should probs now just stop going round in cricles and wait until Monday (if he's still here) ;)

The only way to find out how much value Rodriguez is to the team is to play him for a few games and see.

If we move him on without giving him a chance to show us I might have to use an expression that I hate and never have before.
Everton that.

You don't know what his commitment to the club is. Let's find out. What have we got to lose?

It's not the only way though is it? I very much doubt Benitez needs to give someone a few games to make an educated decision on whether or not they're a good fit for what he wants. I'm no professional football manager but even I recognise that if you want a frontline that works hard off the ball and presses then maybe Rodriguez isn't a terrific option. Fantastic player but closing down and pressuring opposition isn't his game.

So if Benitez knows what he wants players to do and what instructions he wants them to follow then I think someone with as much experience and knowledge of the game and players will know whether Rodriguez would give or detract from the tactical plans he wants to put in. He see's him in training, he's doubtless watched hours upon hours of the player over the years and I could be mistaken but hasn't he managed him before?

That's supposing this is all purely tactical though. It's not beyond the realms of thought that his wages are the biggest issue and Benitez and/or others at the club are looking at ways to expediate his departure from the club or at the very least limiting the expense. He might even be on ridiculous appearance fees or other playing related payments. It all adds up in the end I suppose.

And as for what there is to lose? Benitez, and the board, need to avoid a run of poor results this season. It might not be fair but that's the reality when a club appoints a derby rival as manager.

I think if Benitez still holds a grudge from when he decided James wasn't for him at Madrid - who had Ronaldo, Modric, Kroos, Benzema et al - for the four or five months he was there before he got binned off, then that says more about Benitez than James.

But I actually don't think he does hold that grudge. I think he knows James can be useful because if he looks at our squad then there's no way he can think anything otherwise.

You say nobody knows about his character, yet you've been in here for the last few weeks insisting he's a lazy so and so
I don't recall him actually using the words "so and so"

Fair enough mate you have more morals than 99% of the world.

You still can't use that as a stick to beat Benitez
with at the stage of his career when he chose to go.

Leaving Liverpool to go China in the prime of his career fair enough but he had just left Newcastle and was entering his 60's.

No problem with that same way I have no problem with players like Pirlo and Rooney etc going to the MLS in their early/mid 30's.
More wayward generalisations. Why are you waffling about my "morals" especially for China....just because I disagreed that "we all would" go to China for the money. Get your facts right too...I've never mentioned Rafael Benitez here apart from complimenting him in that this season has been promising so far. Knee jerk defending the man is well over the top....he doesnt need it.

It's not the only way though is it? I very much doubt Benitez needs to give someone a few games to make an educated decision on whether or not they're a good fit for what he wants. I'm no professional football manager but even I recognise that if you want a frontline that works hard off the ball and presses then maybe Rodriguez isn't a terrific option. Fantastic player but closing down and pressuring opposition isn't his game.

So if Benitez knows what he wants players to do and what instructions he wants them to follow then I think someone with as much experience and knowledge of the game and players will know whether Rodriguez would give or detract from the tactical plans he wants to put in. He see's him in training, he's doubtless watched hours upon hours of the player over the years and I could be mistaken but hasn't he managed him before?

That's supposing this is all purely tactical though. It's not beyond the realms of thought that his wages are the biggest issue and Benitez and/or others at the club are looking at ways to expediate his departure from the club or at the very least limiting the expense. He might even be on ridiculous appearance fees or other playing related payments. It all adds up in the end I suppose.

And as for what there is to lose? Benitez, and the board, need to avoid a run of poor results this season. It might not be fair but that's the reality when a club appoints a derby rival as manager.
I could put up an argument against most of the points you've made but I haven't got the time.

I'll confine myself to your last paragraph. How on earth would bringing James into the team lead to a run of poor results?

More wayward generalisations. Why are you waffling about my "morals" especially for China....just because I disagreed that "we all would" go to China for the money. Get your facts right too...I've never mentioned Rafael Benitez here apart from complimenting him in that this season has been promising so far. Knee jerk defending the man is well over the top....he doesnt need it.

Because people call Benitez a money grabber because he went to China towards the tail end of his career.

Its no different to players going to the MLS at the latter stage of their careers for a final pay day.

If anything its made Benitez realise he still has something to give in the big leagues and has put the fire in his belly to make a go of it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back