2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
On loan -keep! thread ...... ¥
Actually transfer market have now run a piece saying the 'undoclosed fee' was actually 7.2 million pounds, of which 20% goes to RM.

They also say his wage was 11.5 million euro per year/9.85 million pounds.

Not saying it's accurate, but it's another set of numbers to throw into the mixer.

After all, everyone else does.

Actually transfer market have now run a piece saying the 'undoclosed fee' was actually 7.2 million pounds, of which 20% goes to RM.

They also say his wage was 11.5 million euro per year/9.85 million pounds.

Not saying it's accurate, but it's another set of numbers to throw into the mixer.

After all, everyone else does.
15k and a box of out of date Chang a week he's on. That's what the shout is on here.

How are the Colombian media and fans taking the news of him moving to a small time league in Qatar ? Disappointment or just happy that he will play football again ?

He is getting destroyed in the Colombian press for the step down.

As with a lot of players who reach this kind of stature for a country (think Beckham at height of his fame) - he is a polarizing figure around whom it's easy to generate clicks with any hot take.

The lazy narrative there is that he is going to Qatar for a huge salary, so the news cycle hasn't caught up to the fact that its the same dough he was making at Everton.

Wrong RB was restricted by the FA as we had spent too much on players plus high wages in our squad .... He stated he had to get rid of at least six players to buy the player power like James refused to go, also Tosun refused a deal to go....

Our DOF made a mess of this, plus the board for employing Carlos .....

Anyway one big earner gone - the rest of the deadwood to follow hopefully -
Now that Benitez has removed James 140k per week from our wage bill he just needs to find a way to get his 300k per week off too.

I'm sorry if this is repetitive but writing here is like self-therapy for Everton issues...

I really wish it had worked out for him with us, and putting aside the fact that his move to Qatar sort of proves that he's not in a fighting, career-reviving mood, and I know he didn't embrace our club and really get stuck in, or play enough, or work hard enough...but leaving that aside, i'm really upset that our club goes from
#AloJames and some decent global marketing, and signing a player who was not yet past it, giving us hope, making it look like we are finally throwing money in the right places , to this ridiculous financial position in which we are one bad run away from the relegation zone, and suddenly feel like we don't have enough power or strength to beat any top 10 teams. I just wish we could have a football strategy we could understand.

When we got Ancelotti & James it was too good to be true....

My 4 y o daughter proudly wore her kit all day yesterday and all she asks every so often is 'are Everton winning today? Did Richarlison score?' (she loves him cos of the song)

He is getting destroyed in the Colombian press for the step down.

As with a lot of players who reach this kind of stature for a country (think Beckham at height of his fame) - he is a polarizing figure around whom it's easy to generate clicks with any hot take.

The lazy narrative there is that he is going to Qatar for a huge salary, so the news cycle hasn't caught up to the fact that its the same dough he was making at Everton.
Thanks for the info mate. Do you imagine Columbians will want to go to war with us when they find out how Benitez and the Everton board have treated James?

Thanks for the info mate. Do you imagine Columbians will want to go to war with us when they find out how Benitez and the Everton board have treated James?

No. Benitez is despised in Colombia for ages already. The minute Carlo left, people joked on Twitter, "now imagine if they were to hire Benitez!" It was such a ridiculous idea given association with Liverpool and seemed impossible given the fact that he hates James (and would therefore be a strange approach for Everton given their efforts last year to make James the international face of the club). It was like someone hiring Voldemort to teach Harry Potter at Hogwarts... That would never happen. Until it did. (Well, not in HP but you know what I mean!)

To be clear - the days of people across the country stopping to watch Everton on Saturdays to watch James are definitely over, but I don't think there will be a negative sentiment towards Everton.

Yeah but at the same time mate you see other clubs selling players who offer nothing or have no reputation within football for plenty of money.

Our problem is we have handed out large contracts to players who don't deserve them and they are then not willing to drop their wage demands in the next club.
Being serial mid table finishers doesn't leave us with many other options. Unless Brands starts to buy cheaper young continental talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.