2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright for you Joey, you've seen the glory days.

We binned James Rodriguez (who has more trophies than Everton, I think) off when we couldn't replace him the day after we got knocked out of the cup by a middling Championship team.

I was 2 months old when we won our last trophy, I've seen us reach one cup final, and I've got to hope Benitez, who has been in China or Newcastle for the last 5 years, is the man to guide us, led by Andros Townsend, of Crystal Palace fame, and Alex Iwobi, to our next pot.
I can assure you James would have not been our saviour this season - I have seen the great, the good, the bad, & the very bad days from 1963 onwards....

I think it's simply the fans wanted to see what an actual footballer looked like. When you've had to endure Tom Davies, Andre gomes, Alex iwobi and filthy sigurdsson in your midfield, you forget what good looks like.

I'm sure he would have done the odd piece of magic and earned himself a lifetime pass of strolling around and let the other get the ire of the fans.

I can assure you James would have not been our saviour this season - I have seen the great, the good, the bad, & the very bad days from 1963 onwards....
Nobody is claiming he would be 'our saviour'? Just pointing out that he is more than capable of getting goals and assists in this league and we've binned him off despite the squad being in a terrible place right now.

Nobody is claiming he would be 'our saviour'? Just pointing out that he is more than capable of getting goals and assists in this league and we've binned him off despite the squad being in a terrible place right now.
If he was "more than capable of getting goals and assists in this league" another PL club would of been interested, none wanted him because only a fool would go there, which is why he is in Qutar now.

He is getting destroyed in the Colombian press for the step down.

As with a lot of players who reach this kind of stature for a country (think Beckham at height of his fame) - he is a polarizing figure around whom it's easy to generate clicks with any hot take.

The lazy narrative there is that he is going to Qatar for a huge salary, so the news cycle hasn't caught up to the fact that its the same dough he was making at Everton.

well not really... 10% tax in Qatar

If he was "more than capable of getting goals and assists in this league" another PL club would of been interested, none wanted him because only a fool would go there, which is why he is in Qutar now.
But he is more than capable of getting goals and assists in this league. Evidenced last season.

Why others haven't gone there is up to them, but you can't take away what he has proven to be capable of.

Alright for you Joey, you've seen the glory days.

We binned James Rodriguez (who has more trophies than Everton, I think) off when we couldn't replace him the day after we got knocked out of the cup by a middling Championship team.

I was 2 months old when we won our last trophy, I've seen us reach one cup final, and I've got to hope Benitez, who has been in China or Newcastle for the last 5 years, is the man to guide us, led by Andros Townsend, of Crystal Palace fame, and Alex Iwobi, to our next pot.
I’ve seen the glory days as well Toff. My first season going to the match was the 62/63 championship season, I’ve watched countless great teams since them, the greatest being the one in the late 60’s. James is a player who, when fit, is actually good enough to have played in those teams. I am very sad to see him go, but, under the current regime, there was nothing down for him here and we just couldn’t afford his wages if the manager had no intention of using him.

I feel so sorry for young Blues like you who have never seen us win anything and I hope, one day, that you do. Unfortunately I don’t think it will be soon. Benitez, for all his faults, and they are many, is a competent manager who will keep us mid table until the books are balanced. I think that is all the board expect of him. In a few seasons we will be in the new stadium and I think at that time, the financial restraints on the playing side of the club will be gone, I think the manager will be gone also and perhaps we can kick on from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.