2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Benitez is despised in Colombia for ages already. The minute Carlo left, people joked on Twitter, "now imagine if they were to hire Benitez!" It was such a ridiculous idea given association with Liverpool and seemed impossible given the fact that he hates James (and would therefore be a strange approach for Everton given their efforts last year to make James the international face of the club). It was like someone hiring Voldemort to teach Harry Potter at Hogwarts... That would never happen. Until it did. (Well, not in HP but you know what I mean!)

To be clear - the days of people across the country stopping to watch Everton on Saturdays to watch James are definitely over, but I don't think there will be a negative sentiment towards Everton.
Utter rubbish, we have used players from over the park before - even Peter Reid was a red .....
RB came with credentials he has to prove he can move us on he has to be ruthless - exit James ... is a start......

Just want everyone to remember in five years that after 25 years of not winning a trophy with our greatest achievement having been selling Wayne Rooney to Man Utd and scraping 4th, that we managed to get James Rodriguez.

And then a section of our mad fanbase were happy when he left the day after we got knocked out of a cup by QPR, while being managed by one of our greatest rivals' modern legends, who had been on a 'project-building, not about money' trip to China for two years.

NSNO. EV-ER-TON AREN'T WE LAD!??

He's gone - get over it.....
Alright for you Joey, you've seen the glory days.

We binned James Rodriguez (who has more trophies than Everton, I think) off when we couldn't replace him the day after we got knocked out of the cup by a middling Championship team.

I was 2 months old when we won our last trophy, I've seen us reach one cup final, and I've got to hope Benitez, who has been in China or Newcastle for the last 5 years, is the man to guide us, led by Andros Townsend, of Crystal Palace fame, and Alex Iwobi, to our next pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.