2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s swings and roundabouts though mate, after a good second half against Southampton Benitez was getting praised to the hilt, so if Leeds did turn us over and we put in a crap performance then surely those who praised him to the hilt shouldn’t have a problem with any grief that came his way.
Those who criticise him for a defeat will be accused of kopite behaviour and the civil war will be unavoidable from that point on.

I just hope the ICC in the Hauge will come down heavy on those who commit war crimes.

He gets along very well with the younger lads

also believe he was (is?) quite good mates with Sigurdsson. Obviously what has happened there might’ve come as a blow.

I can’t really blame him or any other player for wanting to get out of dodge atm, but hopefully that changes!
I'm sure the younger lads look at him with wide eyes, he's a global superstar like Eto was.

Sadly when these superstars lose interest they cast a spell over a few players.

It’s swings and roundabouts though mate, after a good second half against Southampton Benitez was getting praised to the hilt, so if Leeds did turn us over and we put in a crap performance then surely those who praised him to the hilt shouldn’t have a problem with any grief that came his way.

was a half-decent second-half. We played well and that's great. It's not a Benitez thing, it's just the hyperbole about it being a brilliant display or hinting where we're going to go in terms of playing style - because it really didn't, other than maybe suggest Doucoure is going to be given a bit more freedom to push on.

The first half was as hopeless as anything we've seen in recent seasons.

Sell for that reason tbh.

Not sure if they were best pals like but him and Gylfi - and Gomes too - definitely got on. He seems to get on well with all the squad. He's not rotten or disruptive. He's just not arsed.

But his not arsed still means he contributes a lot when fit (the issue I know) so if he goes then we have to use those wages wisely - and I don't trust our shambles to do that

If he’d have continued to do his streaming stuff and just said something like ‘I’m really gutted Everton don’t want me to play anymore. I’m not in their plans and I’ve not been involved in any of the preparation - I don’t even know what team we’re playing!’ everyone would be on his side.
As it is, he’s come across a bit of a [Poor language removed] and he’s making Benitez look like he made the right call if that’s the kind of attitude he brings. Which is weird, because I couldn’t foresee a single way Benitez could look good in ousting James!

Benitez and the Everton PR team have all got you singing from their hymn sheet.

You're surprised he isn't arsed about us? Why? Benitez told him to get lost in a press conference about 3 weeks ago. That wouldnt motivate you would it?
Was benitez responsible for him not playing cos he was "tired" last season.

Of course the starry eyed fans are going to turn into biomechanics experts just to give him a pass ....

I'd love for James to be bought in but quite simply as soon as Carlo left - so did James.

was a half-decent second-half. We played well and that's great. It's not a Benitez thing, it's just the hyperbole about it being a brilliant display or hinting where we're going to go in terms of playing style - because it really didn't, other than maybe suggest Doucoure is going to be given a bit more freedom to push on.

The first half was as hopeless as anything we've seen in recent seasons.

The praise has gone OTT at times that I’m actually wondering if some lads are just on a wind up mission

Can't stand him anymore. Sick of the pantomime. He'd leave us in a heartbeat and we don't need poohouses like that in the squad. He hasn't been that good for years anyway.

Screenshot_20210820-211505.webp

Screenshot_20210820-211529.webp

I trust we've all read the Guardian article?

As suspected, taking slightly out of context (or not the full comment, though yes he should know who we play) also –

We have - as widely known - told James he can leave. Told him we're happy for him to leave. It's not just a one-way thing. The club want him gone because we've knackered ourselves with genuine tosh. That's not on James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back