Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we've brought in a bang average Keane Mk2. We can sell Mina and bring in a good defender hopefully. Won't be able to sell Keane he's awful.

Selling Mina then I guess, Tarkowski’s a similar profile, albeit not as good on the ball.

Leaves Keane and Tarwokski starters if he plays two centre backs - not any better than Keane and Mina as a pair but at least Tarkowski will be available so we’re not chopping and changing the back line all the time. A reasonably solid but limited premier league pairing but a premier league pair at least which we didn’t have for most of last season. An improvement on pairing anyone with either Godfrey or Holgate.

In terms of style if we’re going to play like Burnley then this would make sense. Frank’s been talking about getting better in possession and said that starts from the back - hard to see how any combination of the players we have are going to fit with the way he says he wants to play. All feels like repeating past mistakes.

Now we've brought in a bang average Keane Mk2. We can sell Mina and bring in a good defender hopefully. Won't be able to sell Keane he's awful.
What happened to Keane that was pinging 40 yard balls during the Ancelotti reign?

I want him back?

Selling Mina then I guess, Tarkowski’s a similar profile, albeit not as good on the ball.

Leaves Keane and Tarwokski starters if he plays two centre backs - not any better than Keane and Mina as a pair but at least Tarkowski will be available so we’re not chopping and changing the back line all the time. A reasonably solid but limited premier league pairing but a premier league pair at least which we didn’t have for most of last season. An improvement on pairing anyone with either Godfrey or Holgate.

In terms of style if we’re going to play like Burnley then this would make sense. Frank’s been talking about getting better in possession and said that starts from the back - hard to see how any combination of the players we have are going to fit with the way he says he wants to play. All feels like repeating past mistakes.

Rather we tried Tarwokski and Godfrey myself.

That wouldn't surprise me haha. Don't clubs hire psychologists to deal with confidence issues like Keane? Guess ours was sacked by Rafael.
To be fair it's like a scene from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest down at Finch Farm.

Had we ben able to defend set pieces last season we wouldn't have been in the situation we were. If he improve that then it will be a good signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back