Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
In any other position at 29 I’d say no (well perhaps goalkeeper as well) but CBs do seem to get better in there 30s, so as long as it isn’t a silly amount we are paying him I’m happy.

We’re going to be tight on finances again it seems.

So getting in a player with premier league experience who won’t be costing us a fortune could be massive for us.

Some smart moves are needed. Just don’t give him a new deal after a year like Michael Keane.

Michael Keane mark II

Keane is nowhere near him for clearances blocks or headed clearances.

Decent stats

Would be fine on a free, he seems similar ability wise to Keane just hope he’s a bit mentally stronger

Surely thats reason enough to look elsewhere.

Not that it matters in all honesty because unless there is a complete re build in midfield we're going to have very little of the ball again.

He would be if we were as bad and played as deep as Burnley

We didn't do this at all. At the time of signing Keane, Tarkowski had only played ~1,200 mins for Burnley, most as a sub, lots of those as a midfielder. He wasn't even in the discussion at in Summer 2017.
Didnt realise you are ITK

He would be if we were as bad and played as deep as Burnley

And if you look at the players in the top 5 on the list of clearences its
Brentford
Burnley
Norwich
Aston villa
Southampton.
Tried to make this point yest. We bought michael keane off stats like that. I think there was little or no due diligence done on what he was like as an actual player/defender when you took away the protection of how a team play.
We then got the oh he's awful if we attempt to play high. He turns like a tugboat and gets found out.
No sh!t sherlock.

If we're surrending the midfield again then sign him. If we want to compete in midfield. Look elsewhere.

And if you look at the players in the top 5 on the list of clearences its
Brentford
Burnley
Norwich
Aston villa
Southampton.
Tried to make this point yest. We bought michael keane off stats like that. I think there was little or no due diligence done on what he was like as an actual player/defender when you took away the protection of how a team play.
We then got the oh he's awful if we attempt to play high. He turns like a tugboat and gets found out.
No sh!t sherlock.

If we're surrending the midfield again then sign him. If we want to compete in midfield. Look elsewhere.
I agree with most of the above. What I can’t tell if he is the same as Kean or can play in a higher line. If he never does it, I don’t know how anyone can asses him on it?

I agree with most of the above. What I can’t tell if he is the same as Kean or can play in a higher line. If he never does it, I don’t know how anyone can asses him on it?

In all honesty mate i havent watched enough of him. Rating of him seems mixed by so many.
What i wouldnt do though is pay him anywhere near what seems to be reported(could be crap) just because he's out of contract.
His agent will no doubt be pushing for it but he's just been relegated. He's not franco baresi ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.