Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool signed Milner when he was 29 on a free from Man City on huge wages and he went on to feature in 289 games for them

Sometimes you need to mix experience with youth and take advantage of the bargains that are available

But he got asthma, does James have asthma?

Apart from heading, tackling, blocking shots, stopping goals and defending, just what does he do?
Get relegated?
Every single defender does that over a season. We could even make a (small) montage of crap Everton defenders doing that.
Not having a pop at him but there's a danger posts on this forum are making him out to be franz beckenbauer.
He's played his entire career at brentford and burnley. Not bayern and barcelona.

Get relegated?
Every single defender does that over a season. We could even make a (small) montage of crap Everton defenders doing that.
Not having a pop at him but there's a danger posts on this forum are making him out to be franz beckenbauer.
He's played his entire career at brentford and burnley. Not bayern and barcelona.
As opposed to our other CB's who have played for prime Brazil.

Isnt that the whole point. Havent we bought from clubs like burnley and norwich. I dont think he will be any worse. The post was why is he being bigged up so much.
Because we're skint and we need an improvement.

He's free and also an improvement over our current crop of sadness.

That's pretty much it.

Also statistics wise he's near the top of most things (which for a team like Burnley makes sense and all that), much like how Gana was for Villa for his respective position.

Reactions: Ivo
Because we're skint and we need an improvement.

He's free and also an improvement over our current crop of sadness.

That's pretty much it.

Also statistics wise he's near the top of most things (which for a team like Burnley makes sense and all that), much like how Gana was for Villa for his respective position.

Been there and done that. We bought keane from burnley for the exact same reason. Sat deep. Got his head on things. Cleared things. Blocked things.
Soon found out the hard way.
Again im not knocking it. Its not ideal as options are not great. Its the over hyping again. He's a bog standard bread n butter defender. If i didnt know who he was and was reading this forum id think the new jaap stam was on his way.

Been there and done that. We bought keane from burnley for the exact same reason. Sat deep. Got his head on things. Cleared things. Blocked things.
Soon found out the hard way.
Again im not knocking it. Its not ideal as options are not great. Its the over hyping again. He's a bog standard bread n butter defender. If i didnt know who he was and was reading this forum id think the new jaap stam was on his way.
Don't think we're overhyping him here, we mostly realise we genuinely have crap options here and need improvements and he is one.

It'd be criminal if we give him more than 2-3 year contract as well tbh, but this is Everton after all.

Don't think we're overhyping him here, we mostly realise we genuinely have crap options here and need improvements and he is one.

It'd be criminal if we give him more than 2-3 year contract as well tbh, but this is Everton after all.

Well i think that post i replied to was a bit OTT. Even your basic defenders block clear and head away. The post was making it like it was something nobody has seen before.

Here is what we really need to ask. Does he play many games in a season (not injury prone)? Does he make many mistakes in matches? Is he consistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.