Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with that and it's a shame Mina can't stay fit. My issue with singing this guy is he's just not a major improvement on what we have. He's slightly better than terrible Keane.
Technically, sure.

But you know its never just 1 mistake a game for Keane. If he makes a mistake early on, he doesn't settle.

We're getting a leader in Tarkowski, someone who can organise and take responsibility in that back line.

Technically, sure.

But you know its never just 1 mistake a game for Keane. If he makes a mistake early on, he doesn't settle.

We're getting a leader in Tarkowski, someone who can organise and take responsibility in that back line.
I'm happy to be wrong, but I've seen nothing but a standard and slightly reckless defender. I guess on a plus side if we pair him with Keane then we are set for a relegation battle haha... Burnley boys haha

Is this the same rudiger who tried to get 4ft 8inch Bernard sent off for a headbutt

View attachment 168855
1654355101253.jpeg

What a terrible short sighted signing this would be. 30 not long into the season and we’d be stuck with huge wages for 3/4 years. So unimaginative, what do the scouts do!?

Burnley, the most protected centre backs in the league. Full backs who never go past the half way line, a midfield four who never get caught ahead of the ball - clear, head, block, hoof repeat. Suits Tarkowski (in fact any centre back who can head a ball and defend the box down to the ground).

He’ll be moving to a team that gives their centre backs the least protection in the league, left completely exposed game after game and people think he’ll come in and perform just like he has at Burnley?

Give me a break, 100k a week? Deserve everything we get. Utter pish the guy, no better than what we have - albeit he can actually defend and head so maybe slightly better than Godfrey or Holgate.

What a terrible short sighted signing this would be. 30 not long into the season and we’d be stuck with huge wages for 3/4 years. So unimaginative, what do the scouts do!?

Burnley, the most protected centre backs in the league. Full backs who never go past the half way line, a midfield four who never get caught ahead of the ball - clear, head, block, hoof repeat. Suits Tarkowski (in fact any centre back who can head a ball and defend the box down to the ground).

He’ll be moving to a team that gives their centre backs the least protection in the league, left completely exposed game after game and people think he’ll come in and perform just like he has at Burnley?

Give me a break, 100k a week? Deserve everything we get. Utter pish the guy, no better than what we have - albeit he can actually defend and head so maybe slightly better than Godfrey or Holgate.
Most goals conceded from set pieces.....maybe heading clear and blocks is just what we need!

Status
Not open for further replies.