Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Context for anyone unsure on this potential deal....
Lampard is on record as wanting him at Chelsea...
Moyes wanted him for 30+ and 20+mill in consecutive seasons and in general centre backs were his speciality (ignore kroldrup)
Villa wanted him, when he said no they went and spent 30 mill on a 29 year old Brazilian instead....
Is this the same frank who froze rudiger out whilst overseeing some of their worst ever defensive records?

The Frank who got sacked and was replaced by Tuchel who instantly turned Rudiger into a CL and World Club champion? The rudiger now off to join Carlo in Madrid?

I’m surprised Carlo isn’t in for such a rare talent as Tarkowski, maybe because he’s a yard dog and people are worshipping false idols.

Is this the same frank who froze rudiger out whilst overseeing some of their worst ever defensive records?

The Frank who got sacked and was replaced by Tuchel who instantly turned Rudiger into a CL and World Club champion? The rudiger now off to join Carlo in Madrid?

I’m surprised Carlo isn’t in for such a rare talent as Tarkowski, maybe because he’s a yard dog and people are worshipping false idols.

Worshiping false idols?

I think people just see that we are in dire straits financially, need a CB and a pretty solid Prem level CB is available on a free transfer. Would be happy enough with him.

Anybody else think we only go for the obvious transfers? Why is it other clubs like Villa are Wolves sign players who have been on nobodies radar yet turn out to be stellar signings..where are the gems? Who is doing the scouting?

At Chelsea Lampard favoured a 433 with 3 at the back only really used against high pressing or superior sides.

Rudiger wasnt very good in a back 4 (apparently). Hence why he preferred other players.

Worshiping false idols?

I think people just see that we are in dire straits financially, need a CB and a pretty solid Prem level CB is available on a free transfer. Would be happy enough with him.
Plus as we know managers never improve so a mistake from 2 years ago is obviously.

Imagine the worst EVER defense you have still gets you top 4 and a deep run in the CL though.

At Chelsea Lampard favoured a 433 with 3 at the back only really used against high pressing or superior sides.

Rudiger wasnt very good in a back 4 (apparently). Hence why he preferred other players.
Christensen, Zouma, Tomori and himself were rotated a lot, especially when the 3 at the back happened.

Silva also came in later.

Anybody else think we only go for the obvious transfers? Why is it other clubs like Villa are Wolves sign players who have been on nobodies radar yet turn out to be stellar signings..where are the gems? Who is doing the scouting?
Villa who just signed the Brazilian Tarkowski for like 30 million? But he’s good on FIFA though so it’s fine

I'm interested in which centre back will go if if this goes through...

Mina - short contract, high wages
Keane - Error prone, high wages
Godfrey - Can't head the ball, high wages
Holgate - Questionable quality, medium wages
Branthwaite - Wanted in Manchester?, low wages

Agreed with all your assessment on the Defenders.

My bet is Keane.

….it is a concern how he favours some bad players whilst not selecting good ones. Great players are not always the best judge of a player, the important thing is he knows when he’s going wrong & isn’t stubborn to put things right.

Still disappoints me that he played Kenny & I would prefer him to go with a back four.

….it is a concern how he favours some bad players whilst not selecting good ones. Great players are not always the best judge of a player, the important thing is he knows when he’s going wrong & isn’t stubborn to put things right.

Still disappoints me that he played Kenny.
I mean it's concerning that Kenny is even considered a footballer for Everton in general, but to go back on that point - we had Heitinga win player of the year as a CB for us, Moyes for no reason other than favouritism dropped him, while playing him as a makeshift midfielder or anything he can before AND after that lol Both Baines and Lescott (IIRC) only started playing for us because of injuries, not because they were given fair chances, etc etc

Don't think it has anything to do with him being a great player is what I mean - they all have the same flaws, which make sense on a personal level.

Status
Not open for further replies.