Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in which centre back will go if if this goes through...

Mina - short contract, high wages
Keane - Error prone, high wages
Godfrey - Can't head the ball, high wages
Holgate - Questionable quality, medium wages
Branthwaite - Wanted in Manchester?, low wages

Keane and or Mina

Mina has to go. Fantastic defender but will never be part of a settled defence here and, while that’s far from the only problem, I think it defo contributes to our nightmare set piece stats.

Why would we keep an "error prone" centre back? Keane should be the first out the door.

Second of course is Mina but for 20 games a season hes class so no problem keeping him as a 'bonus' player.

Godfrey starts next to Tarkowski...Holgate and Branthwaite back them up.

Offering 90-100k to someone who turns 30 before xmas is insane and not great start to the new D.oF era

I'll keep saying this. If he is a solid performer and is not.injured all the time a la Mina... Then offering a free signing higher end wages isn't too big a deal.

If we paid 10 plus million for him and still offered him 100k PW then that would be awful.

If he joined, captained the defence and made the players around him better through his leadership /organisational skills then he'd be worth alot more than £10mil and £100k a week.

If...

Godfrey gets back to his best form

Myko has the confidence to not worry about holding back

Patterson is coached through games

Pickford and the DM are both in sync with him

He'll be a bargain.

Why would we keep an "error prone" centre back? Keane should be the first out the door.

Second of course is Mina but for 20 games a season hes class so no problem keeping him as a 'bonus' player.

If he joined, captained the defence and made the players around him better through his leadership /organisational skills then he'd be worth alot more than £10mil and £100k a week.

If...

He'll be a bargain.
Always feel special when I see I’ve got a quote by Zat and then I see it’s a multi quote and it makes me feel a bit dirty tbh.

If...

He'll be a bargain.

The word 'if' is doing a lot of heavy lifting

Context for anyone unsure on this potential deal....
Lampard is on record as wanting him at Chelsea...
Moyes wanted him for 30+ and 20+mill in consecutive seasons and in general centre backs were his speciality (ignore kroldrup)
Villa wanted him, when he said no they went and spent 30 mill on a 29 year old Brazilian instead....

Inappropriate Language
Context for anyone unsure on this potential deal....
Lampard is on record as wanting him at Chelsea...
Moyes wanted him for 30+ and 20+mill in consecutive seasons and in general centre backs were his speciality (ignore kroldrup)
Villa wanted him, when he said no they went and spent 30 mill on a 29 year old Brazilian instead....

Always makes me chuckle does kroldrup(probably wasnt chuckling at the time)
6ft4 centre half. 1 game.
I always wondered if moyes scouted him in a 5 a side not head height match.
Boss we have a problem.
Whats that?
He cant fcking head the ball ?

Always makes me chuckle does kroldrup(probably wasnt chuckling at the time)
6ft4 centre half. 1 game.
I always wondered if moyes scouted him in a 5 a side not head height match.
Boss we have a problem.
Whats that?
He cant fcking head the ball ?
Nightmare at the Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.