Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather sign no centre half if the other option is 100-140k on 5 years for James Tarkowski.

The exact same view I've had on a number of disaster signings Everton have made over the years, like Tosun...

... Basically, this then;

3 year deal around 75k - sound. It means we have a chance of shifting him if we need.

Especially if we can shift Mina and free up what capacity we do/will have to spend for other areas.

For me its all about whether the manager and DOF want the player (El Ghazi type deals haven’t got enough press, what’s the point in the “Everton reporters”?), and the cost of the deal given the circumstances.

It’s well documented that Lampard wanted him at Chelsea, and other well respected managers like Moyes (bidded £20m+ last summer?) are big fans too.

The cost of the deal is a big unknown, I’ve seen £80k/90k/120k a week and varying contact lengths. We also don’t know the sign on/agent fees.

If the true cost of the deal was £90k a week, 3 years, £5m in sign on and agent fees, it’s around £6m a year total cost and isn’t that bad considering it’s an experienced PL player who Lampard wanted to bring to a top side. I’d be happy with that.

For me its all about whether the manager and DOF want the player (El Ghazi type deals haven’t got enough press, what’s the point in the “Everton reporters”?), and the cost of the deal given the circumstances.

It’s well documented that Lampard wanted him at Chelsea, and other well respected managers like Moyes (bidded £20m+ last summer?) are big fans too.

The cost of the deal is a big unknown, I’ve seen £80k/90k/120k a week and varying contact lengths. We also don’t know the sign on/agent fees.

If the true cost of the deal was £90k a week, 3 years, £5m in sign on and agent fees, it’s around £6m a year total cost and isn’t that bad considering it’s an experienced PL player who Lampard wanted to bring to a top side. I’d be happy with that.

2020/2021 Moyes bid £20mil + £30mil for him. Thats definite and was told that Burnley wanted £50mil.

Ive been told that he then went to £35mil and Burnley came back and said £40mil and that was the end of it.

Last year it was £20mil+ due to only having a year left.

As in backup for a proper pair of central defenders, he wouldn’t walk Into a top 8 team

6th United
7th West Ham
8th Leicester

I think youre wrong he gets in all those sides.

Dont think Arsenal or Spurs are forgone either.

But hes definitely 6th best team material.

He’d get in united’s team as he’s better than Maguire and Lindelof not much of a baramoter of the lad’s ability I grant you.
Maguire is possibly the worst signing ever in history for a defender, £80mill and £130k a week(might be wrong on his wage) Varane is better but saying that he’s been woeful! Just don’t see the fuss over tarkwoski,

2020/2021 Moyes bid £20mil + £30mil for him. Thats definite and was told that Burnley wanted £50mil.

Ive been told that he then went to £35mil and Burnley came back and said £40mil and that was the end of it.

Last year it was £20mil+ due to only having a year left.

6th United
7th West Ham
8th Leicester

I think youre wrong he gets in all those sides.

Dont think Arsenal or Spurs are forgone either.

But hes definitely 6th best team material.
Guess we have to differ on opinion, I’ve never been that impressed with him.

Didn't know Lampard wanted him at Chelsea...

Lampard let tomori go to AC Milan. Thats not actualy looking the best decision right now.

Didn't know Lampard wanted him at Chelsea...
Big fan of him apparently, wanted him to replace Tomori and Rudiger as mentioned in the Athletic (screenshot of the article when Lampard left Chelsea).

Admittedly, both Tomori and Rudiger are miles better than Tarkowski, but it shows how much he rates him.

04A08A46-866A-4996-8457-9AAC1CA0563C.jpeg

Big fan of him apparently, wanted him to replace Tomori and Rudiger as mentioned in the Athletic (screenshot of the article when Lampard left Chelsea).

Admittedly, both Tomori and Rudiger are miles better than Tarkowski, but it shows how much he rates him.

View attachment 168775
Funny one that. It's reassuring that Lampard has had his eye on Tarkowski for awhile because he'll have a really good plan for him, but the rest of that passage is concerning. He clearly didn't know how to manage Rudiger, as he absolutely flourished as soon as Tuchel came in. Tomori leaving was another mistake, but at least on that note he worked with him closely at Derby, so it might have just been a case of surplus to requirements. Declan Rice would be totally wasted as a CB...though he wasn't the only one to have that line of thought if I remember correctly. Definitely an interesting insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.