Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 year £100k per week contract is £26m. Would it feel any better if he wasn’t a free agent and we were paying £13m fee and £50k per week?
Not sure a 5 year contract is appropriate with him being 30 in November mind but I guess 34 y/o centre half isn’t that unusual.
A five year deal would be insane, a two year deal with an option for a third wound be more realistic.

There are various figures quoted for weekly wage ranging from £85k to £120k. I doubt it will be at the top end, somewhere around £90k seems most likely at present.

If the deal is too much, I would walk, bu it feels like he will be coming at around 90k , but we don’t know what contract length. Three years absolute max.

Which is all well and good when you dont have about 5 positions to strengthen and £70-80 million losses to cover.

Positions need strengthening within the rules by hook or by crook unless you want another relegation scrap next season.

If Tarkowski was American hed be singing a different tune

A five year deal would be insane, a two year deal with an option for a third wound be more realistic.

There are various figures quoted for weekly wage ranging from £85k to £120k. I doubt it will be at the top end, somewhere around £90k seems most likely at present.

If the deal is too much, I would walk, bu it feels like he will be coming at around 90k , but we don’t know what contract length. Three years absolute max.

How pointless would that be.

His agent would laugh and drop the call.

If Tarkowski was American hed be singing a different tune

How pointless would that be.

His agent would laugh and drop the call.
I’m not against signing him, but the deal has to work for us. I don’t glow what other CB’s we may case who are free agents?

I remember about 1000 pages on kipper. Who'd have thought all these years later we're scrapping around again to a no mark club for a bog standard player in the league

Wasnt Sean Davies first choice and Robbie Savage second, we got neither and ended up with Li Tie.

Was kipper around back then, i think i was still on 302 on ceefax or 410 on teletext or was it 140!!!! I think the first internet story i remember was Sean Doherty joining Fulham or Walter scraping the youth teams.

Good Times!!

I’m not against signing him, but the deal has to work for us. I don’t glow what other CB’s we may case who are free agents?

Romagnoli would have been good but hes really gone off the boil last season.

The others have signed elsewhere.

Wasnt Sean Davies first choice and Robbie Savage second, we got neither and ended up with Li Tie.

Was kipper around back then, i think i was still on 302 on ceefax or 410 on teletext or was it 140!!!! I think the first internet story i remember was Sean Doherty joining Fulham or Walter scraping the youth teams.

Good Times!!

Early days of kipper. I used to meet up with paul mac at Goodison those days (RIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.