Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does sign I hope he performs well from the off.
What’s the point of signing a 29 year old, solid but unremarkable player otherwise?

5 years? FIVE???

For a long time we were offering everyone five year deals for accounting purposes. As there would be no upfront fee here I’ve no idea why we would do it. Of course the problem with five year deals is that whilst it looks better for the accounts it means you’re stuck with crap players on high wages for a long time.

Give the lad a chance he's not even signed yet.

We're skint and just avoided relegation - we could do much worse on a free transfer even if he was signing a 100k a week deal.

Mina is on £100-120k a week and will likely be off so it balances itself oot whilst getting a transfer fee for Yerald.

Haha come off it.

He's from Manchester. He wouldn't need to even move home.

He knows what Everton are all about.

I've known we've been interested in him for 2 weeks - he'll have known longer.

Still, he needs to go on holiday to mull it all over?

The club are putting out comment about how we're moving to sign only 'hungry' players who want to be here.

Doesn't correlate to me with a player on his last pay day who needs 4+ weeks to decide whether he fancies it.

All that said, he's a bit better than what we already have, he improves us - it's pragmatic, provided the signing on fees/wage etc aren't daft.
Maybe it isn't Everton he's mulling over
Maybe the contract isn't daft but it isn't as much as he or his agent had hoped for and now he's holding out for the possibility of more from elsewhere
It is his last pay day after all
It could be looked at either way
Hopefully it's that we haven't offered something players would bite our hand off for

100-120k is too much
Coleman isn't on that as far as I know and he's the captain and a long term loyal player for us
He cost 60k more than Tarkowski
This will be disappointing is true, though I do think he'd improve us

Give the lad a chance he's not even signed yet.

We're skint and just avoided relegation - we could do much worse on a free transfer even if he was signing a 100k a week deal.

Mina is on £100-120k a week and will likely be off so it balances itself oot whilst getting a transfer fee for Yerald.
IMO when we get rid of one bad contract we don't have to immediately offer someone another

IMO when we get rid of one bad contract we don't have to immediately offer someone another

Which is all well and good when you dont have about 5 positions to strengthen and £70-80 million losses to cover.

Positions need strengthening within the rules by hook or by crook unless you want another relegation scrap next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.