Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big fan of him apparently, wanted him to replace Tomori and Rudiger as mentioned in the Athletic (screenshot of the article when Lampard left Chelsea).

Admittedly, both Tomori and Rudiger are miles better than Tarkowski, but it shows how much he rates him.

View attachment 168775

Funny one that. It's reassuring that Lampard has had his eye on Tarkowski for awhile because he'll have a really good plan for him, but the rest of that passage is concerning. He clearly didn't know how to manage Rudiger, as he absolutely flourished as soon as Tuchel came in. Tomori leaving was another mistake, but at least on that note he worked with him closely at Derby, so it might have just been a case of surplus to requirements. Declan Rice would be totally wasted as a CB...though he wasn't the only one to have that line of thought if I remember correctly. Definitely an interesting insight.

Friend of mine is pretty clued up on Chelsea.

Lampard wanted to build on the young English contingent of James, Mount etc (hence wanting Chilwell) but felt that he had 1 CB too many. So he said Tomori should be sent on loan -- Marina then added in the option to buy which was not Lampards choice.

Also, Rudiger massively improved when played in a 3 under Tuchel. In a back 4 apparently not the best for Lampard.

Tarkowski was wanted as he was seen as one of the best CBs in the league at the time and the main reason Burnley had done so well that season. Typical old school experienced CB was the view.

Rice was a surprise link as he looked overrated and some thought Lampard was a bit mad to want a high fee spent on him

Just the take from my mate.

Not sure I understand the drama of this 90k per week supposed offer. He is a FREE agent, so it costs us nothing up front.
Would the doomsayers be happier if we paid £8 Million for him and he was on 40k a week?
On a 3-year contract, the outlay would be the same.
I think everybody’s worried that we’ll end up with another poor player draining wages for absolutely years who we can’t shift for love nor money. £90k pw is still £90k pw regardless of initial outlay

The 25mil we gave Burnley for their last CB worked out good so I won't if this free version can do the same.

Great signing on a Free if they can get it done. This guy ranks close to top every season on clearances and duals won, given our appalling record at set pieces we need him. He isn't injury prone so will play more than Mina. He organises defenses, we need that and he is good with the ball technically. Can play in a 3 if Frank goes that way. It's an upgrade, affordable. Good Player.

Great signing on a Free if they can get it done. This guy ranks close to top every season on clearances and duals won, given our appalling record at set pieces we need him. He isn't injury prone so will play more than Mina. He organises defenses, we need that and he is good with the ball technically. Can play in a 3 if Frank goes that way. It's an upgrade, affordable. Good Player.

Thanks James, we'll take that on board.

I'm interested in which centre back will go if if this goes through...

Mina - short contract, high wages
Keane - Error prone, high wages
Godfrey - Can't head the ball, high wages
Holgate - Questionable quality, medium wages
Branthwaite - Wanted in Manchester?, low wages

Mina has to go. Fantastic defender but will never be part of a settled defence here and, while that’s far from the only problem, I think it defo contributes to our nightmare set piece stats.

Mina would be my choice or whoever we could get the most money for.

The only Manchester club Branflakes will play for is Stockport.

waits for the vault down the line, maybe.

Offering 90-100k to someone who turns 30 before xmas is insane and not great start to the new D.oF era

I'll keep saying this. If he is a solid performer and is not.injured all the time a la Mina... Then offering a free signing higher end wages isn't too big a deal.

If we paid 10 plus million for him and still offered him 100k PW then that would be awful.

Happy to get rid on the first 4 ASAP

Why? If he signs a 4 year contract, that would be a total outlay of 20 million. How on earth could that be considered insane?
I agree, no transfer fee but high wages, seems to be the best we can hope for. The overall payment appears to be good business to me. Then again what do I know, maybe we should buy a couple of new Niasse 's or Tosun's because they served us well.

Status
Not open for further replies.