2023/24 James Tarkowski

He's been excellent, I remember when we signed him, I thought 3 years was too long and that we may well end up paying him to sit and watch, like so many others before him. How wrong was I? He is a very good centre back and a great mentor for the very promising Branthwaite.
A model team player who puts the team first every time and marshals the other defenders around him, talking and encouraging them throughout the game.

A dream of a tackle 🤩

This needs overdubbing with various explosion or car crash noises on impact - fantastic stuff

On the Dunc comparisons page back, I’d say Dunc is the lad you’d like to know has your back just in case, Tark is the one you want as like an older brother, hard as nails but would also nurture you to stand up for yourself too

Deffo agree, but reckon he's more physical that jags. He's a very strong unit.

Him and branthwaite are great together.

I genuinely think he might be better than jags right now. Jagielka was fantastic over a consistent period of time, but I think his peak isn't as good as Tarkowski has been of late.

I genuinely think he might be better than jags right now. Jagielka was fantastic over a consistent period of time, but I think his peak isn't as good as Tarkowski has been of late.
Jags was an absolute physical beast before his ACL injury. He was still a great player after that but I don't think he had the same pace. I like Tarkowski and his character but not sure he is in Jags class (starting centre in a team finishing fifth/sixth every year).