2024/25 James Tarkowski

The beginning of the end, I fear.

A man of his experience should have been able to hold the defence together in the absence of Branthwaite, but he and Pickford have really let themselves down at the start of this season. No leadership from either when it was needed.

Really poor start to the season, regularly losing headers he would have won last season but... I'm not certain he is fit and training normally, so I'm not going to lose hope in him yet. Hopefully the international break gets some well needed recovery time in.

I'm not going to get on Tarks back, he's started the season poorly by his own standards over the past two seasons..in which he's been colossal.

However, if any top CB was playing next to Michael Keane and in a back four with Coleman or Young, you'd see a drop off in thier performances too.

The fact he was touch and go, and probably should not have played the Spurs game with an injury, leads me to believe he's still not fully fit.

Jarrad clearly looks like the missing part, but O'Brien if he's the Jarrad replacement many believe him to be, should have started the season next to Tarks. That is the biggest issue here, the drop off in Tarks performances, for me are in large to those surrounding him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back