January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pienaar's not going to be able to play the majority of every single game then we're going to have to have to come up with something special in the transfer window.

Martinez has signed 11 or 12 players since he arrived. Of these, maybe 3 can get into our full team ?

That for me, is a concern.

I think so far Martinez has been successful in the transfer window. He's brought in McCarthy, Barry, Lukaku, Eto'o, Besic, Deulofeu who have all been great additions. I think the weakest part of his transfers has been that he doesn't get enough mid-something players. Just about all of his transfers have been players that are just starting out, early 20s, or old experienced players in their 30s. Those aren't bad transfers on their own but we are sorely lacking those 24 to 27 year old experienced players who are just hitting the best parts of their careers. Also the quality of the signings have been a bit extreme, he's signed bottom-half table players like Kone, McGeady, Atsu and then has gone for world famous all-stars like Lukaku and Eto'o. He needs to work on identifying those quality players who aren't famous but are of high quality à la Mirallas. Obviously one of Moyes' strongest qualities was his transfers and we were bound to be left a bit disappointed with whoever succeeded him in that department.

'nuff said bring Deulofeu home

Also one more point, I think he's done a great job of shifting deadwood. He's gotten decent prices for players who weren't in his plans or contributing. However, he seems to be stockpiling a bit of deadwood too. I can see the likes of Garbutt, Kone, Atsu, McGeady, and Distin being shifted soon.

I don't have high hopes for January as I presume we have no money left, but we are in desperate need of an impact player, because we don't seem to be having any clue of what to do when it comes to when things are not quite running as planned. Last year was difficult in this respect as well.

Deulofeu...all day. Our team is SO pedestrian (ex Mirallas).

Pienaar, Howard, Distin, Osman, Hibbert will all get new/extended contracts but I do not think they should.

OUT
Osman
Howard
Osman
Aids
Pienaar
Osman
Kone

IN
Figo
Rivaldo
Baresi
Cech
This.
I'm actually starting to think Martinez needs to drop the "Mr. Nice Guy" act and grow some balls if he wants us to become a successful top 4 team. It might seem harsh but we desperately need to get rid of the likes of Osman, Distin, Howard, Kone and Pienaar (all of whom, let's be honest, on their last legs) and replace them with real fresh, quality players. Can't see us making any progress until we do this.

This.
I'm actually starting to think Martinez needs to drop the "Mr. Nice Guy" act and grow some balls if he wants us to become a successful top 4 team. It might seem harsh but we desperately need to get rid of the likes of Osman, Distin, Howard, Kone and Pienaar (all of whom, let's be honest, on their last legs) and replace them with real fresh, quality players. Can't see us making any progress until we do this.

We need to get rid of the tippy tappy stuff too, been found out a long time ago and yet he still doesnt change it around. Cant take a corner, yet even if we could im not convinced anyone (excl naisy) would throw themselves at it. We can get rid of those mentioned and bring new in, but if we still play the ball left to right, and then back again, along the back four, we still only win the possession stat.

I think we need to sign Leighton Baines from 2 or 3 years ago when he could deliver a corner.
Garbutt looks like the only player that can whip in a good corner in our entire team, that in itself is shocking!! Our main priority should be a left wing mirallas in January but I'm afraid it won't happen and we'll sign no one

If we move to sign/loan anyone in January, please let whoever it is have genuine pace and a willingness to use it... and we need a genuine leader.

I'm not having a pop at Jags, but for me he isn't a natural leader of men. He's a better player than either Tony Adams was or John Terry is, but he's not in their league as a leader of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.