January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not suggesting we will sign Aubameyang, but anything is possible. If Usmanov, errr I mean Moshiri decides he’s going for it, then who knows.

10 years ago nobody would have predicted Man City would be where they are now. The idea of them signing Robinho would have been ludicrous, but they offered him stupid money & the rest is history.

We’ve already paid £45M for a player & didn’t take no for an answer. I guess we just have to wait & see.

Whether it's true or not, I like the fact we are being linked with players like PEA.

However, we have no realistic chance of signing these type of higher calibre players (James Rodriguez, Edinson Cavani as well for example) until we are consistently competing in the Champions League. And to break into that very competitive top 4 we need to uncover some diamonds who can push us on.

Anyway, whoever we sign in January Sam surely knows where the gaps in the squad are already and will be coming up with ideas to sort that.

Until we sign out first world class player nobody will ever believe it and laugh it off as pure speculation.

I was thinking maybe this summer coming we would get our first but that’s gone **** up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back