January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEA simply won't happen. No amount of money we'd offer to Dortmund would change the fact that he only wants to link up with Klopp at the rs.
Story is probably being put out there to force Liverpools hand. Don't believe for a second that he'd come to us over them especially with Klopp.

He is a bit of a 'problem child' shall we say! He's had issues under both Tuchel and Bosz and was suspended by the club twice over the last season and a half. And he has been fined for a couple indiscretions too, and he doesn't seem to want to learn from these problems.

He has said in the past that he isn't interested in playing in the premier league. But as the clock ticks, I think that could change. His dream was to play in Spain for Real, but that has never come close to happening, so his options for a big pay day seem to be going to the premier league, or maybe to one of the other bigger Spanish or Italian clubs. He was reported to be close to going to PSG last summer, but that didn't happen, and now it's not like they need him. So again there just doesn't seem to be that much of a line of clubs who are after him.

So never say never!
I don't know if it's a result of him being unsettled, but he doesn't look like he works hard enough to gegenfoul these days.

Oh dear. You don't have a clue, do you. I passed comment on your grasp of tactics, not your ability to appreciate a player. The big clue was, ironically, in the very sentence you chose to highlight... where the word "tactics" was used.

Apologies to all, I have been feeding a troll. Still no idea why a Brummie keeps typing "mush" though.
I have no idea why a Everton fan acts like a Liverpool fan either mush. Maybe you can explain?

He is a bit of a 'problem child' shall we say! He's had issues under both Tuchel and Bosz and was suspended by the club twice over the last season and a half. And he has been fined for a couple indiscretions too, and he doesn't seem to want to learn from these problems.

He has said in the past that he isn't interested in playing in the premier league. But as the clock ticks, I think that could change. His dream was to play in Spain for Real, but that has never come close to happening, so his options for a big pay day seem to be going to the premier league, or maybe to one of the other bigger Spanish or Italian clubs. He was reported to be close to going to PSG last summer, but that didn't happen, and now it's not like they need him. So again there just doesn't seem to be that much of a line of clubs who are after him.

So never say never!

Thanks for the update mate. What are Dortmund fans attitude to losing players like Augbemeyang? Is the view, that as he gets a bit older, a big transfer fee will allow you to invest prudently in newer players (which seems very much the Dortmund model). Or is there a desire to fight to keep your best player?

Also how unique is Dortmund's approach compared to the other big clubs in the league outside of Bayern?

Thanks for the update mate. What are Dortmund fans attitude to losing players like Augbemeyang? Is the view, that as he gets a bit older, a big transfer fee will allow you to invest prudently in newer players (which seems very much the Dortmund model). Or is there a desire to fight to keep your best player?

Also how unique is Dortmund's approach compared to the other big clubs in the league outside of Bayern?

Obviously can't speak genreally for all, but I would say that it wasn't something that annoyed us too much a few years back - say around during 2011-14 when we started losing our star players. Cos back then, Dortmund still was financially burdened, so there was the understanding that selling players but still gaining success as we did, was allowing the team to get back on it's feet after all the financial problems and it was dealt with really well. But it was of course hurtful and annoying loosing players to Bayern though. We built our squads those years the hard way into these amazing teams, put together for a pittance really, and so what do Bayern do, take our 2 best players in Mario Götze and Robert Lewandowski, so yeah that stings, as it did when Mats Hummels left. But when our players went to places like Real Madrid (Sahin), Man Utd (Kagawa), as much as you don't want to lose them, you understand it and deal with it.

But I think now, a lot don't view it with quiet the same attitude, as we are financially stable, and in europe every year, and play in an amazing stadium in front of 80,000 fans every other week, so I guess there is the feeling that we need to be competing more to keep players. Amd becuase of our recovery and rise the past few years, there is expectation to be competing at that level every year and a lot of pressure on the managment to do so.

With Auba, losing him doesn't bother me so much to be honest, losing Hummels for instance was much tougher a blow - one we still haven't recovered from.

As for other clubs, Dortmund these days spend a lot more money on transfers than all other German clubs (apart from Bayern), last two summers we've actually spent a lot (brought in a lot in transfer fees too of course). So I suppose they work a bit differently. But many clubs in Germany put a lot of emphasis of building through younger players, and do seem to accept losing stars as part of the business. I think maybe a lot of emphasis in Germany is put on good scouting as well, bringing in players for reletavely low fees, for them to then turn into very good players is pretty common. And the money spent on transfers in the league is the smallest of all the big '5' now you can say as France too, with PSG of course leading the way, spend more money on transfers than the Bundesliga.

Obviously can't speak genreally for all, but I would say that it wasn't something that annoyed us too much a few years back - say around during 2011-14 when we started losing our star players. Cos back then, Dortmund still was financially burdened, so there was the understanding that selling players but still gaining success as we did, was allowing the team to get back on it's feet after all the financial problems and it was dealt with really well. But it was of course hurtful and annoying loosing players to Bayern though. We built our squads those years the hard way into these amazing teams, put together for a pittance really, and so what do Bayern do, take our 2 best players in Mario Götze and Robert Lewandowski, so yeah that stings, as it did when Mats Hummels left. But when our players went to places like Real Madrid (Sahin), Man Utd (Kagawa), as much as you don't want to lose them, you understand it and deal with it.

But I think now, a lot don't view it with quiet the same attitude, as we are financially stable, and in europe every year, and play in an amazing stadium in front of 80,000 fans every other week, so I guess there is the feeling that we need to be competing more to keep players. Amd becuase of our recovery and rise the past few years, there is expectation to be competing at that level every year and a lot of pressure on the managment to do so.

With Auba, losing him doesn't bother me so much to be honest, losing Hummels for instance was much tougher a blow - one we still haven't recovered from.

As for other clubs, Dortmund these days spend a lot more money on transfers than all other German clubs (apart from Bayern), last two summers we've actually spent a lot (brought in a lot in transfer fees too of course). So I suppose they work a bit differently. But many clubs in Germany put a lot of emphasis of building through younger players, and do seem to accept losing stars as part of the business. I think maybe a lot of emphasis in Germany is put on good scouting as well, bringing in players for reletavely low fees, for them to then turn into very good players is pretty common. And the money spent on transfers in the league is the smallest of all the big '5' now you can say as France too, with PSG of course leading the way, spend more money on transfers than the Bundesliga.

I would think you all drive plenty of revenue from that stadium. Amazing atmosphere or so it looks on TV. Definitely a place on my list to visit.

But honestly, if someone offers you 60M (and no, I don't think that will be Everton), don't you take it? I do. I'm not sure he's THAT great, and I would think you can get maybe a replacement AND a good defender with that money. Seems like that would help more, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back