January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could be a chance to get him on the cheap, Sam's got a tune out of him before.
Maybe a change of scenery and better players will see the goals come? Him and Zaha for anything under £50 would be good in the current market

I think we would struggle for £50, it’s not 1955 after all! :p:D:eek:

Anyway even £50m we would struggle, Zaha will go for £40m and Benteke will go for £40m. It’s not because they are really good, it’s just because of the new premier league money from
SKY and BT

Until we sign out first world class player nobody will ever believe it and laugh it off as pure speculation.

I was thinking maybe this summer coming we would get our first but that’s gone **** up now.

This is it...and the best way to convince that first player is to have a big name manager ... we tried it with koeman but he doesn't actually care about anything and wouldn't be involved in deals. Not that we had a chance but if we did get Jose or simone Etc that would be the catalyst and start the ball rolling.

If we can get Walcott for 20m, bring in Cresswell as a part payment for Mirallas (moyes will deffo go for him in Januray) and Vearmalen (sp) on loan we will be more than fine. I'd just go big in the summer for a CB tho.

From those three players mentioned

Two of them spend more time in the treatment room than on the training pitch and the other is a pretty average lb.

Just had a look a a C Palace forum. They hate Benteke with a passion! Think if Allardyce wants him I think we could have him. His form does tend to be a bit hit and miss but if Sam knows how to get the best out of him it could be worthwhile.

I think we would struggle for £50, it’s not 1955 after all! :p:D:eek:

Anyway even £50m we would struggle, Zaha will go for £40m and Benteke will go for £40m. It’s not because they are really good, it’s just because of the new premier league money from
SKY and BT
You'd have to go back a lot further than 1955 . The first £100 transfer was in the 19th century.

Most ridiculous signing would be Benteke...had massive inuries and totally immobile.

I'd go for Andre Silva at Milan. He went there in summer for 40mil euro and I felt was overpriced.

If we could get him on loan with a view to buy for anything under 30mil id be very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back