January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillip Max is still a good call. Alex Grimaldo has talent, but if he can’t kill it in Portugal, not sure how he’d do in the EPL.

I still love the idea of sending Klaassen to BVB to buy down on Auba, but I’d like to keep the buying of older players to a minimum.

Subotic played again today and didn’t think he looked great, but really the whole team stunk.

I find it interesting that Allardyce has been quoted now on a few occasions saying that his first signing needs to be a good signing.

I wonder if Walsh and him have someone up their sleeve...

Phillip Max is still a good call. Alex Grimaldo has talent, but if he can’t kill it in Portugal, not sure how he’d do in the EPL.

I still love the idea of sending Klaassen to BVB to buy down on Auba, but I’d like to keep the buying of older players to a minimum.

Subotic played again today and didn’t think he looked great, but really the whole team stunk.

hey, we have enough problems :p But yeah, all the team stunk the place out today. Neven was actually better than a few but that doesn't say much. It was a really rotten performance.

One thing that Pep does very well at City is that he just buys the best available.

I hope that Big Sam starts to do the same. We have a bunch of players that might be good, very good or poor but none
of them are really top. How many of EFC's team would get into City or whisper it..into LFC?

Forget Max, Subotic and Auba....

We should be trying to deal with Dortmund now for Pulisic and/or Sancho...

But, the player I would really want from them (who we 'could' have a decent chance of signing is Guerreiro.

I said we should go for him when he was at Lorient...absolutely top notch and would be excellent in the prem.

@Borussin has Guerreiro been a big miss for you after his broken foot? Seems like he's up to speed again now...

Forget Max, Subotic and Auba....

We should be trying to deal with Dortmund now for Pulisic and/or Sancho...

But, the player I would really want from them (who we 'could' have a decent chance of signing is Guerreiro.

I said we should go for him when he was at Lorient...absolutely top notch and would be excellent in the prem.

@Borussin has Guerreiro been a big miss for you after his broken foot? Seems like he's up to speed again now...

Oh yes he was a big miss. He is a very good player. Last season actually he played a lot in midfield. Now he is back fit, he is playing in left midfield, because Marcel Schmelzer is in left back. But he really is a big talent, he hasn't really had a consistent run in one position yet for Dortmund, he has played as many games in full back, left midfield and central midfield, but I suppose that shows he is versitile.

Oh yes he was a big miss. He is a very good player. Last season actually he played a lot in midfield. Now he is back fit, he is playing in left midfield, because Marcel Schmelzer is in left back. But he really is a big talent, he hasn't really had a consistent run in one position yet for Dortmund, he has played as many games in full back, left midfield and central midfield, but I suppose that shows he is versitile.

Isnt Schmelzer a midfielder? So they've swapped them round?

I think Guerreiro is just an amazing left back...or could be an incredible wing back...id be surprised if someone didn't come in and offer big money for him soon.

Why do you think he's shifted to left midfield? For such a quality left back id have cemented him there...

You have a French kid as well who can play left back don't you? 18/19 years old?

Do you realistically think any 'decent' Dortmund players would come to everton in a swap with klaassen + cash in Jan?

Isnt Schmelzer a midfielder? So they've swapped them round?

I think Guerreiro is just an amazing left back...or could be an incredible wing back...id be surprised if someone didn't come in and offer big money for him soon.

Why do you think he's shifted to left midfield? For such a quality left back id have cemented him there...

You have a French kid as well who can play left back don't you? 18/19 years old?

Do you realistically think any 'decent' Dortmund players would come to everton in a swap with klaassen + cash in Jan?

Schmelzer is very much a left back, and he's the captain. So I think they are just trying to accomodate both, especially cos we have had so many injury troubles in defence this season. And it's easier to do that with pushing the younger more versitile Guerreiro forward.

Yes there is Dan Axel Zagadou, he is actually a central defender, but because both Guerreiro and Schmelzer where injured earlier this season, he ended up playing left back for a few games. Long term though he is seen as a central defender.

I don't think Dortmund would be intersted in any sort of swap, and we are pretty strong for attacking midfielders / number 10 type players at this point. But that's not to say they won't be selling. The squad is quite big, so I can see them trying to do some work in trimming and maybe adding 1 or 2 better options in january cos of the rather poor situation we are in.

Schmelzer is very much a left back, and he's the captain. So I think they are just trying to accomodate both, especially cos we have had so many injury troubles in defence this season. And it's easier to do that with pushing the younger more versitile Guerreiro forward.

Yes there is Dan Axel Zagadou, he is actually a central defender, but because both Guerreiro and Schmelzer where injured earlier this season, he ended up playing left back for a few games. Long term though he is seen as a central defender.

I don't think Dortmund would be intersted in any sort of swap, and we are pretty strong for attacking midfielders / number 10 type players at this point. But that's not to say they won't be selling. The squad is quite big, so I can see them trying to do some work in trimming and maybe adding 1 or 2 better options in january cos of the rather poor situation we are in.

Is Bosz under pressure there now? I'm hoping (as well as many others I'm sure) that he wants Klaassen off us in Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back