January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget Max, Subotic and Auba....

We should be trying to deal with Dortmund now for Pulisic and/or Sancho...

But, the player I would really want from them (who we 'could' have a decent chance of signing is Guerreiro.

I said we should go for him when he was at Lorient...absolutely top notch and would be excellent in the prem.

@Borussin has Guerreiro been a big miss for you after his broken foot? Seems like he's up to speed again now...

Is Philipp Max too old for you, Zat? I wouldn’t say “forgetting about signing” a LB to go for two young wingers is a wise idea with our current squad.

Papers saying that Sam is keen on Lamina Kone from Sunderland. I'm glad we missed out on him last time and he hasn't got any better since then.

Papers saying that Sam is keen on Lamina Kone from Sunderland. I'm glad we missed out on him last time and he hasn't got any better since then.
Could be true but you have to remember as well that the rags are probably sitting in their think tank with a list of players Sam has signed in the last 3 seasons and a list of positions Everton are weak in and then running the most plausible story from it for clicks and shares. If Sam has money to spend why would he go in for a player who's been absolutely terrible for his team the last while, that's the way I look at it, this is his chance to actually get the players he's always dreamed of having in a squad, not your Messi and Ronaldo types granted but we can still afford and attract a quality of player he probably hasn't had since his Bolton days if even then. So I reckon Kone and Carroll stories etc are jarg, at least I hope lol

I see Michy Batshuayi could be available for loan in January. Blokes an absolute tosser but he’s a decent footballer
Reckon him or Dembele (Celtic) could be our next Lukaku i.e. young player hungry to make a name for themselves that can come in make immediate impact, improve over the course of 4 or 5 seasons and bang the goals in, then depending on where we are at as a club, sell on for a massive fee or give them a new contract. Win win.

One thing that Pep does very well at City is that he just buys the best available.

I hope that Big Sam starts to do the same. We have a bunch of players that might be good, very good or poor but none
of them are really top. How many of EFC's team would get into City or whisper it..into LFC?

City have unlimited funds, play Champions League and have one of the highest profile managers in the world.

How are we supposed to buy the top players?

Could be true but you have to remember as well that the rags are probably sitting in their think tank with a list of players Sam has signed in the last 3 seasons and a list of positions Everton are weak in and then running the most plausible story from it for clicks and shares. If Sam has money to spend why would he go in for a player who's been absolutely terrible for his team the last while, that's the way I look at it, this is his chance to actually get the players he's always dreamed of having in a squad, not your Messi and Ronaldo types granted but we can still afford and attract a quality of player he probably hasn't had since his Bolton days if even then. So I reckon Kone and Carroll stories etc are jarg, at least I hope lol

Unfortunately we’ve seen Roberto and Koeman inexplicably bring in utter dross from their previous clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back