January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon him or Dembele (Celtic) could be our next Lukaku i.e. young player hungry to make a name for themselves that can come in make immediate impact, improve over the course of 4 or 5 seasons and bang the goals in, then depending on where we are at as a club, sell on for a massive fee or give them a new contract. Win win.
I agree, personally Id’ve bit the bullet and gone for Dembele in the summer, hindsight is wonderful, I know.

With Batshuayi at least he’s used to the league and I’m sure we could put a to buy clause in the loan deal

I keep on saying this now but I have no idea why we don't look at players from the Bundesliga. It's probably the closest to the Premier League of all the leagues and the players have the added bonus of being quite a bit more technical than a lot of players in this league.

I thought Benteke was the answer for a long time, but I reckon he's finished now. He was never the same after that achilles injury anyway (same one that did for Yakubu and Beckham), and at this point moves like Kevin Campbell post-knee op.

Why be cold when you can be warm ? It’s the kind of thing some pissed stained dinosaur like Roy Keane would moan about.
I genuinely appreciate your point as to some extent it'd be common sense to do so, however I also think it can boil down to mentality (or lack of).

If being cold is such a problem, then playing football in England perhaps isn't the thing for him and he should be striving to get off the bench.

Little things and all that, including perhaps some biased based on views of masculinity etc, but I do feel they can show a greater picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back