January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't expect much in January. The last few have been really quite. Teams look for crazy money, reckon we could get Shaw, looked good for Utd in Europe. Sam could bring out the best in him.

Said this earlier about Shaw, better then Martina and also Baines these days, take a cheap bid or lose him for nowt in the summer and he will want to play to have a chance of going to Russia

Said this earlier about Shaw, better then Martina and also Baines these days, take a cheap bid or lose him for nowt in the summer and he will want to play to have a chance of going to Russia

Id take Shaw all day long.

Already very good attacking wise. If Allardyce & his team had time to work on his defensive attributes, could be a great player.

Interesting to see who we move out too, our squad is too big, especially now we're out the Europa.

Not even on the bench today - Stekelenburg, Mirallas, Besic, Klaassen, Sandro. ...then the injured players too Coleman, Baines, Funes Mori, McCarthy, Barkley, Bolasie.

I still would take a flier on Slimani or Benteke provided they didn't want anything crazy. I know everyone thinks Benteke is done, but they clearly want him out with him taking that penalty on his own yesterday, and I saw plenty to like when he was on. Slimani is just so intense, decent in the air, relentless, and although a bit inconsistent, has his moments with is feet, too.

I just want two monsters at CF and CB. Not hoofballers, need to be decent athletes, but with Gylfi's service, man. It would also help us defend set pieces as well. Would like one at least to be young. Young left back that can run is also essential.

Vermalean played today for Barca and looked pretty sharp I thought. I was kind of surprised. Doesn't fit the "monster" mode, but was great with the ball and terrific in the tackle. Hard to tell in La Liga how good he is in the air. EPL it is not.

I wonder if we’ll send out some of our younger players out on loan in January. Our squad is too big even without the players we’ve got to return from injury.

Realistally what positions do we need to address, imo the youngsters have solved a lot of needing cover problems, we have Kenny cover for Coleman, I think we are ok at CB Holgate looking ok, midfield we have more than enough. So I'd really be happy with just a decent striker and if at all possible a pacey winger. The only other problem area is LB cover, Martina ther doesn't really work, I'd just promote Garbutt for cover there, because if fit I'm sure Baines has that job for the time being.

He's crap ever since he did his Achilles.
He's certainly been worse, but he just turned 27 and can certainly get back to the level he was at not too long ago. I wouldn't pay a fortune for him, but he's good in the air for certain, and could be explosive if he got back to form. Palace is going to want to dump him.

Interesting to see who we move out too, our squad is too big, especially now we're out the Europa.

Not even on the bench today - Stekelenburg, Mirallas, Besic, Klaassen, Sandro. ...then the injured players too Coleman, Baines, Funes Mori, McCarthy, Barkley, Bolasie.

Better 11 then West Hams first team that

Benteke? Narr, yesterday was pathetic from him, not for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back