January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stek has apparently had surgery on an injury, besides, he is Fine as a back up keeper, for now at least.
Naismith mk2 hasn’t been fancied by two managers, safe to say he’s not gonna play anymore.
Sandro is a strange one, barely had any minutes.
Mirallas can go.
No he isnt, for what we can get in Jan for Joel its not worth selling him, so we have him as back up and Stek we need to just pay off to get shut

Sandro needs games in the PL not in Spain. He has proved himself there.

Schneiderlein is the funny one for me. He was brilliant at times last season but now looks slow and peripheral. He's got married of course.
Is there a connection, Inspector?

I think Schneiderlin is at his best breaking up opponents transitions into attack and not actually defending in our half. Due to our woeful possession and attacking abilities his best qualities haven't been able to shine through. Also he's been out of form and made bad errors and decisions probably from frustration.

I still would take a flier on Slimani or Benteke provided they didn't want anything crazy. I know everyone thinks Benteke is done, but they clearly want him out with him taking that penalty on his own yesterday, and I saw plenty to like when he was on. Slimani is just so intense, decent in the air, relentless, and although a bit inconsistent, has his moments with is feet, too.

I just want two monsters at CF and CB. Not hoofballers, need to be decent athletes, but with Gylfi's service, man. It would also help us defend set pieces as well. Would like one at least to be young. Young left back that can run is also essential.

Vermalean played today for Barca and looked pretty sharp I thought. I was kind of surprised. Doesn't fit the "monster" mode, but was great with the ball and terrific in the tackle. Hard to tell in La Liga how good he is in the air. EPL it is not.

Goodness me...no.

I think Barkley will go, maybe Robles, McCarthy possibly, Mirallas defo, only Robles from this list even made the bench today, Besic will probably be moved on, not sure on Klaassen and Sandro yet, see if they even make the bench anytime in the next few weeks, think theres a chance we could sell Niasse, depending on whether we can get another Striker in of course.

Gut instinct would agree with all of what you're saying there mate.

I would also add i reckon Jagielka will be 'allowed' to join up with Moyes at West Ham - removes an issue of him having the captaincy which i reckon Allardyce is desperate to give to Rooney (and probably rightly so) - Robles - we will keep as he won't get us any sort of fee with his contract nearly being up and he's a okay backup for the rest of the season.
Mirallas - 100 leaving - probably to go West Ham with Jags (IMO)

Besic - yeah can't see a future for the lad - missed his window with that horrible injury really. Mccarthy IF he gets any bids - can't see sam wanting to rely on a broken biscuit in centre mid, Barkley looks to be walking out on a free - so yeah we would sell him should we be able to (sadly)

Niasse - no idea about really, he has the willingness etc that the manager would like, but none of the former managers have fancied him on his training either - so could see him going if someone bids a good amount.

Klassen and Sandro - both have loans written all over them - will get us the loan fees to mitigate some of the money they cost, get big wages off the books, and guessing we will hope that their form either sees them coming back in the summer with renewed confidence, or that they attract serious interest based on how they play on loan from other teams so we can cut our losses without losing much if anything on them.

Wouldn't shock me to see him get rid of old Morgs either should someone come in with what we paid for him - nailed on i'd say - if say he manages to get a Nzonzi etc incoming.

Reading all these lists of players who we need to get shot of reminds again and again how bad Koeman's transfer policy has been. Absolutely shocking!

We can keep saying “we’ll sell him and him” but we should remember there have to actually be suitable buyers out there. Our players have been woeful this season who would cough up anything decent for Schneiderlin? Who’s going to bother spending money on McCarthy’s medical bills? Hardly any of our surplus players are worth anything currently.

I can see more loans than sales tbh. I expect Robles, Barkley and Kev to go for sure maybe Niasse if the Turks come back in.

As everyone says LB, CB and ST are priority but I do hope we get N’Zonzi too.

Reading all these lists of players who we need to get shot of reminds again and again how bad Koeman's transfer policy has been. Absolutely shocking!
firstly I believe that shooting people is wrong and bad to do, very mean.

I think we don't need to get rid of that many koeman signings. we just have an overstuffed team in one position and we're missing a few key pieces and have a bunch of injuries. perhaps we should sell mirallas or robles or something, but otherwise I think we should be looking for important squad competition or players with pace or who provide tactical flexibility in our attacking positions.

No he isnt, for what we can get in Jan for Joel its not worth selling him, so we have him as back up and Stek we need to just pay off to get shut
Agree, Stek is pointless and if we can have a keeper like Joel as a no2 then we are doing well.

He probably wants game time every week though and he's good.enough for that somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.