January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the rags at the weekend, reporting that Chelsea are willing to let Batshuayi go out on loan in January.

Seems to have lost his way a bit at Chelsea and hasn't really had a chance.

I think that with the right manager, he's got the potential to be a very good striker.

I’d take him. He’s a bit of a selfie warrior but there’s a player there.

I’d take him. He’s a bit of a selfie warrior but there’s a player there.

He's got the lot, but seems to be badly lacking confidence when he plays at the mo ( when he plays ).

Give him a run of games, less pressure and the right manager and I'd think you'd see a different player.

There's loads of the Belgium lads in the North West too, so he'd have mates around him.

Barkley
Besic
Niasse
Sandro/Klaassen loan or sold
McCarthy
Mirallas
Martina
Schneiderlin

All potential outs...possibly Jags like you say as well...
Big Sam last week was talking about one of the reasons Koeman lost his job: a high turnover of players.
I very much doubt he's going to repeat that in the coming window Zat.

TARGET = SIGN A STRIKER, LEFT BACK AND CENTRE BACK TO GIVE US A PUSH TOWARDS TOP 6 / 7 BY END OF SEASON. GENERATE FUNDS FROM FRINGE PLAYERS / PLAYERS NO LONGER REQUIRED BY THE MANAGEMENT. ONLY REALISTIC TRANSFERS SHOULD BE MENTIONED.

SELL
- MIRALLAS - 5M
- BESIC - 3M
- JAGIELKA - FREE
- BARKLEY - 10M
- KLAASSEN - 15M
- SANDRO - 5M
= 38M

SIGN
- GIROUD - LOAN
- TIERNEY - 20-25M
- A PROVEN CB - 10 - 15M

TAKING WAGES INTO ACCOUNT, AND IF WE WERE TO GET THE CB AND TIERNEY ON THE LOWER END OF THE SCALE, PURCHASE AN ADDITIONAL PACY WINGER TO INJECT FURTHER COMPETITION INTO THE SQUAD AND CHALLENGE LENNON AND BOLASIE FOR A START.

I DON'T SEE WHY TIERNEY WOULD BE UNREALISTIC, PLUS GIROUD KNOWS HE HAS TO LEAVE ARSENAL TO GET INTO FRANCE SQUAD FOR HIS LAST WORLD CUP.

TARGET = SIGN A STRIKER, LEFT BACK AND CENTRE BACK TO GIVE US A PUSH TOWARDS TOP 6 / 7 BY END OF SEASON. GENERATE FUNDS FROM FRINGE PLAYERS / PLAYERS NO LONGER REQUIRED BY THE MANAGEMENT. ONLY REALISTIC TRANSFERS SHOULD BE MENTIONED.

SELL
- MIRALLAS - 5M
- BESIC - 3M
- JAGIELKA - FREE
- BARKLEY - 10M
- KLAASSEN - 15M
- SANDRO - 5M
= 38M

SIGN
- GIROUD - LOAN
- TIERNEY - 20-25M
- A PROVEN CB - 10 - 15M

TAKING WAGES INTO ACCOUNT, AND IF WE WERE TO GET THE CB AND TIERNEY ON THE LOWER END OF THE SCALE, PURCHASE AN ADDITIONAL PACY WINGER TO INJECT FURTHER COMPETITION INTO THE SQUAD AND CHALLENGE LENNON AND BOLASIE FOR A START.

I DON'T SEE WHY TIERNEY WOULD BE UNREALISTIC, PLUS GIROUD KNOWS HE HAS TO LEAVE ARSENAL TO GET INTO FRANCE SQUAD FOR HIS LAST WORLD CUP.

re Giroud, apparently Wenger has told him there will be more game time, so he is going nowhere. On the subject of a winger, for me not an important signing area unlike Striker and CB, LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.