Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally I'd like us to sign Batshuayi from Chelsea, but they don't have a back up striker. Giroud isn't coming, what other strikers can we get? Gameiro?

TARGET = SIGN A STRIKER, LEFT BACK AND CENTRE BACK TO GIVE US A PUSH TOWARDS TOP 6 / 7 BY END OF SEASON. GENERATE FUNDS FROM FRINGE PLAYERS / PLAYERS NO LONGER REQUIRED BY THE MANAGEMENT. ONLY REALISTIC TRANSFERS SHOULD BE MENTIONED.

SELL
- MIRALLAS - 5M
- BESIC - 3M
- JAGIELKA - FREE
- BARKLEY - 10M
- KLAASSEN - 15M
- SANDRO - 5M
= 38M

SIGN
- GIROUD - LOAN
- TIERNEY - 20-25M
- A PROVEN CB - 10 - 15M

TAKING WAGES INTO ACCOUNT, AND IF WE WERE TO GET THE CB AND TIERNEY ON THE LOWER END OF THE SCALE, PURCHASE AN ADDITIONAL PACY WINGER TO INJECT FURTHER COMPETITION INTO THE SQUAD AND CHALLENGE LENNON AND BOLASIE FOR A START.

I DON'T SEE WHY TIERNEY WOULD BE UNREALISTIC, PLUS GIROUD KNOWS HE HAS TO LEAVE ARSENAL TO GET INTO FRANCE SQUAD FOR HIS LAST WORLD CUP.

Football manager stuff, this.

I'd imagine Kev will be on his bike but that's it.

The reason the squad is big is because it's full of cheap, young players:

Kenny
DCL
Lookman
Davies
Holgate

Numbers doesn't matter mate, the manager will want players he actually wants and trusts, atm I'd say only gueye is nailed on in that regard for him.

Personally, I cant see him adding CMs when we have 8 already.

I think he will go for a sweep of a few and bring in 1.

He's been quoted a couple of times as saying he needs to ensure his first buys are top notch or else he could be punted.

Big Sam last week was talking about one of the reasons Koeman lost his job: a high turnover of players.
I very much doubt he's going to repeat that in the coming window Zat.

He certainly cant keep a lot of them. I don't think he would have an issue with offloading a lot of players when just bringing in one or two.

Football manager stuff, this.

I'd imagine Kev will be on his bike but that's it.

The reason the squad is big is because it's full of cheap, young players:

Kenny
DCL
Lookman
Davies
Holgate

Cant agree with this...

CM - Klaassen Rooney Schneiderlin Gana McCarthy Besic
+ Davies and Baningime

Of the CMs, i'd only keep Rooney and Gana along with Davies and Baningime.

Besic hasn't achieved anything
Schneiderlin words fair me
Klaassen unsuited
McCarthy always injured

Those 4 leaving would have zero or very little bearing on the squad and I guess we could bring in 40mil+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back