January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GK: Pickford/ Robles/ Stekelenburg (Sorted)

RB: Coleman/ Kenny (Sorted)

LB: NEW/ Baines

CB: NEW/ Holgate/ Keane/ Williams/ Funes Mori

DM: Gueye/ Baningime (Sorted)

CM: Rooney/ Davies/ Barkley/ Sigurdsson/ Klaassen (Sorted)

RW: Lennon/ Vlasic (Sorted)

LW: Bolasie/ Lookman (Sorted)

CF: NEW/ Calvert-Lewin/ Niasse/ Sandro

Bring in:

Left Back, Centre Back and a Striker.

Get rid of:

Jagielka
Martina
Schneiderlin
McCarthy
Besic
Mirallas

To even consider believing we don't need an upgrade in our CM's is ridiculous.

Need another creative midfielder in there to rotate with Davies.

I would rather us not spend a penny in Jan and get a few loans in.I think we have or will have when the unfit players return , enough to get 7th.I would rather have a mass clear out at the end of the season and then spend big for next season.If we have a new manager in place of Sam, then let him spend it.

All very well saying get rid/sell these players however they have to be wanted by another club, therein lies the difficulty in trying to raise finds for purchase.

On the Sunderland forum they seem to think that Kone is a cert to come to us for not a lot of money.

It makes sense actually since he did well under Sam. Seems a mercenary, but then again, maybe just a visionary who saw how far and fast Sunderland has fallen. While he wouldn't be my first CB choice, he has premier league experience and January is a tough market.

Then again, with Davis Luiz falling out with Conte a six month loan deal for him would be pretty boss and we could get CB properly sorted in the summer.

We really should have gone and gotten Maguire in the summer though.

On the Sunderland forum they seem to think that Kone is a cert to come to us for not a lot of money.

A match going Sunderland fan I work with says he’s been garbage, even in the championship.

Of course Sam knows him. I only saw him in that game when they beat us. He looked a beast in that. If Sam could get that kind of standard out of him, then bring it on.

A match going Sunderland fan I work with says he’s been garbage, even in the championship.

Of course Sam knows him. I only saw him in that game when they beat us. He looked a beast in that. If Sam could get that kind of standard out of him, then bring it on.

We can really do better, anything other than a loan, would be money down the drain

Aubameyang, David Luiz and I think I remember a link with Arsenal's Sanchez a month or so ago. Imagine the scenes if any or all of those 3 came to Ebepton.
Of course, I know we'll end up with bench fodder from clubs below us.

Status
Not open for further replies.