January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually two, Klavan and Manniger.

Klavan was 30, he's the exception - although they had injuries and needed someone. Matip was 24. Wijnaldum was 25. Manniger was a 1 year deal so think that's a bit strange, too, but fair. Salah had probably just turned 25. Robertson was 23. Ox was 23. Solanke 20. Karius 23. Alexander-Arnold 17. Mane 24.

Don't see N'Zonzi.
That will be there owners wanting a resale value on the players they buy

It's actually two, Klavan and Manniger.

Klavan was 30, he's the exception - although they had injuries and needed someone. Matip was 24. Wijnaldum was 25. Manniger was a 1 year deal so think that's a bit strange, too, but fair. Salah had probably just turned 25. Robertson was 23. Ox was 23. Solanke 20. Karius 23. Alexander-Arnold 17. Mane 24.

Don't see N'Zonzi.

We'll see but from what I know, it's more likely than not he signs for them than he does us.

Link to us is purely agent game which we are now fully a part of because of Big Sam.

When we get linked with every name under the sun in January - and I'm talking about Zaha, Van Aanholt, Carroll - players Allardyce has links to via management and agents, don't take them all seriously. Most will be used as leverage for new contracts or better deals elsewhere.

You do know that borrowing money is what big businesses do? I'd be more concerned if we werent constantly looking for accessible, affordable finance.
I don’t own a business sadly so I have no idea what they do, but what I do know is, if I was a billionaire I’d not be getting loans for a poxy 13m which won’t even buy us a Charlie Austin.

I don’t own a business sadly so I have no idea what they do, but what I do know is, if I was a billionaire I’d not be getting loans for a poxy 13m which won’t even buy us a Charlie Austin.

I'm aware of Esk's transfer rumour history, like, but on the financial side, he very much does know his stuff.

We're basically borrowing money against what we are still owed for Stones. It's irrelevant.

Luke Shaw is being touted around everyone and Aubameyang would suit Big Sam's style to a tee. Both would be quality additions. Cavani will be smelling a CL title so can wait until the summer.

That will be there owners wanting a resale value on the players they buy
You are probably correct that it's part of it - and pretty smart, really, but I think that's a bit of a gegenpressing philosophy and probably has more to do with fitness. RB Leipzig is a bit more religious about it, but even they bought Kevin Kampl this year at the old age of 26, now 27.

Apparently we've just taken a 13.5 million loan from Santander secured against an instalment payment from Man City next summer in respect of John Stones. We've taken a hit on Barkley. I admire everybody's optimism but we don't appear flush with money particularly considering how much we've wasted in the last 12 months.
If you can run your own business and run it well without spending your own money why not. That's good business. He's invested a lot in the club already, we've a 45m net spend and whatever it was last season plus 80m debt he paid off and the payoffs for Martinez, Koeman and their staff havent been factored in. Even United, Liverpool etc all take loans and all have debt, some massively so. Really don't get people expecting Moshiri to starting throwing 100s of millions at players totally disregarding financial fair play etc. The business has to be built up first and as I said already he's already throwing some serious wedge about so far, unfortunately a lot of it was spent on sackings and Bill Kenwrights debt. We'll be fine in January if we can get the players Sam wants I'm sure the money will be there. He's hardly borrowing 13.5m as Sam's budget for the January window fs lol

It does seem a bit odd given we have 60 mill overdraft facility.

Not really mate.

We're borrowing against money we're owed. That money will come in at the end of the season.

So we have an extra £13m to put in to the squad this window coming up, without having to fund that with a sale, on top of that £60m overdraft (which will only be used for 'big' deals IMO - either with a big transfer or with the stadium).

Not really mate.

We're borrowing against money we're owed. That money will come in at the end of the season.

So we have an extra £13m to put in to the squad this window coming up, without having to fund that with a sale, on top of that £60m overdraft (which will only be used for 'big' deals IMO - either with a big transfer or with the stadium).

Could be mate, we don’t really know, just seems odd to me, the accounts are out in the next few weeks Moshiri first set.

It does seem odd to me, we can speculate why the liquidity is needed but we don’t really know.

I have a bad suspicion we have wasted a lot of money, with bad decision making.

Could be mate, we don’t really know, just seems odd to me, the accounts are out in the next few weeks Moshiri first set.

It does seem odd to me, we can speculate why the liquidity is needed but we don’t really know.

I have a bad suspicion we have wasted a lot of money, with bad decision making.

Well that's clear mate.

We do have money, but will need to shift some of the squad - that's nothing suspicious, it's just fact.

But to have that extra £13m available will be handy. Could be the difference between getting a centre-back we want or a cheaper alternative, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.