January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan, Mirallas gone. McCarthy likely. Those three would bring a nice chunk of change, but would more importantly free up some payroll. Klaassen maybe. Sandro maybe because he might not want to be here, but I still think he can knock the ball into the net if pairer with a proper striker.
We could lose Mirallas, McCarthy, Sandro and Klaassen would be sold without anybody realising they're gone. Add Besic to that too, and Jagielka. And Stekelenberg. That'd free up 40-odd million to get two/three decent players in.

So we've had over 1 year to identify a striker. We knew Lukaku was off a long, long time ago. What that in mind, I fully do not expect us to have anybody lined up in January. Problem attempt a last minute loan of somebody crap like Enner Valencia.

It’s sell to buy no Lukaku to sell now so we won’t sign anyone of note.

Surely it's loan to buy???

In all seriousness, we had a positive net spend of £50m in the summer - so we spent £50m, in that sense (even though this isn't how transfers work).

We have money, but we don't have as much money as we did in the summer. We have a squad of 31, so of course we're going to have to shift a few of those players. That's just common sense, not 'sell to buy'. It frees up transfer fees and wages.

This loan is just a supplement to that. Instead of having that extra £13.5m in the summer, we will have it available for next month. In theory.

Have to sell Klaassen and Sandro. They have been overlooked by three managers and have no future with us. Can probably recoup 75% of what we spent on them, so getting about 20m back for the pair. Can we find a sucker to buy McCarthy for 10-15m? I'd get Jagielka touted to teams in the Championship, am sure we could get a million for him to a team wanting some Premiership experience. Little do they know that despite him being our captain he has no leadership qualities! That's 35m to sign some decent players for the starting eleven ...

Have to sell Klaassen and Sandro. They have been overlooked by three managers and have no future with us. Can probably recoup 75% of what we spent on them, so getting about 20m back for the pair. Can we find a sucker to buy McCarthy for 10-15m? I'd get Jagielka touted to teams in the Championship, am sure we could get a million for him to a team wanting some Premiership experience. Little do they know that despite him being our captain he has no leadership qualities! That's 35m to sign some decent players for the starting eleven ...
I’d loan them both out. They are both young and will become good players, maybe not in the premiership due to its physical nature.

It’s sell to buy no Lukaku to sell now so we won’t sign anyone of note.

You are probably right - but only because the squad is too big.

We aren't going to spend an extra £50m and make the squad even bigger, we need to sell players who aren't contributing much to the team and reinvest that into players who can.

I’d loan them both out. They are both young and will become good players, maybe not in the premiership due to its physical nature.
Just get 'um gone. Sandro is turd, Klaassen is like a little boy who'll never fill out and become quick or physical enough to play centre midfield in this league. 20m for the pair, Jagielka is thrown into the bundle for free. We'll drive them to anywhere in Europe too if they also offer a contract to Stekelenberg. Four for the price of two, plus free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.